Denon df 107

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum, have just purchased a Denon df 107 mini set up for the kitchen, (25 ft by 15ft). Currently have it hooked up to a pair of Mission 31i speakers. The layout means I have to place the speakers close to the rear wall, (max 4" from rear of speaker to wall). Sound is pretty good. The Denon tech spec details output at 65 w /channel??

Is it worth me upgrading the speakers, budget up to £300, (will the Denon justify the better speakers) and what would be suitable positioned close to rear wall?

Appreciate any help or suggestions,

regards Neil.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
In a large room like that, I'd take a look at the Monitor Audio BR5's floorstanding speakers, which are quite close to your budget at the moment as they're due to be superceeded very shortly. A floorstander will be able to fill a room like that far more easily, whether playing at loud or normal volume levels.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the reply, BR5's look an excellent buy, but unfortunately the layout of the room means that I will have to use bookshelf type speakers. The Mission 31i currently wired up do a fair job, and I am unsure if replacing them with BR2's or Dali Lektor 1 / 2 will really make a significant difference. Being sited very close to back wall I understand that front ported speakers are prefered option???

Having listened to the little Denon 107 mini system for a few days, I am very impressed with its performace for the price. Well constructed, and the USB link for the ipod is great. The reproduction via the i pod is far better than I expected and much improved on a project i pod dock I was using with an older denon mini system. Very impressed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts