DENON DBP2012 question

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hijack this not-very-active thread. Because of Christmas and continuing problems with my computer, I am a month behind with my reading of What HiFi Sound and Vision magazine. Hence only yesterday, 6th January, did I finish reading the January 2012 edition of the magazine. I was very suprised to read in the Sound Advice section on page 94 in answer to the question "3D with an older amp" that the Denon DBP-2012UD was recommended as a machine that has two HDMI outputs. Er, except that it does NOT have two HDMI outputs, it has only one! In August 2011 I wanted to buy a good Blu-ray player for my kitchen setup. The main reasons that I ended buying the somewhat more expensive Oppo BDP-95EU over the Denon or the Marantz UD7006 were that the Oppo does indeed have two HDMI outputs, and both coaxial and optical digital outputs (the Denon and the Marantz have only a coaxial digital output). I would have been happy with either the Denon or the Marantz if they had both digital outputs (which my much cheaper Panasonic DMP-BD80, now twice relegated to the bedroom, does have) and two HDMI outupts. They don't. Still, I suppose that the questioner in the magazine could buy a machine with only one HDMI output and then also buy an HDMI splitter from Lindy, Keene Electronics or Maplin.

By the way, in the magazine's answer to the questioner, I would have thought that the Denon was more than a notch above the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 (it is thrice the price, after all). Two or three notches?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts