Denon D-F102DAB thoughts please

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
I need to replace a Marantz 601 micro that has been trouble from day one and I really like the Denon D-F102 micro separates system any thoughts on my choice, it is for a bedroom and will be used with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers.thank you.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
It's not a bad little system, offering an impressive spec, composed and detailed sound and including an iPod dock. We gave it 4 stars in the Awards 2006 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision.

As an alternative, have you thought about the Award-winning Onkyo CS515UK, which is £230 without speakers and would also work well with your Wharfedale speakers? CD replay is precise and hugely detailed, and the DAB radio impresses too. Onkyo even makes an optional iPod dock for it if you need one.

In our view, the little Onkyo rivals some budget hi-fi separates, and no other micro can come close to matching it for sound quality.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Andy, the Onkyo was the one I brought before I exchanged it for the Marantz, why? the display was so bright it was like trying to sleep with the light on and because I have slight tinitus I listern to plays etc while getting to sleep and with the Onkyo there is no way to dim or switch the display off, I have no need for the ipod dock so any more ideas just need a good dab/fm and cd player with mp3 cd playback. thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="kitkat"]with the Onkyo there is no way to dim or switch the display off[/quote]

I have the Onkyo 515 and if you hold the power switch in for a couple of seconds, the display turns off. Did you try that?

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
No, how did you find that out? I have just gone through the manual online and there is no mention about this. Very confused now but thanks for the info.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andy Clough"]
[quote user="kitkat"]with the Onkyo there is no way to dim or switch the display off[/quote]

I have the Onkyo 515 and if you hold the power switch in for a couple of seconds, the display turns off. Did you try that?
[/quote]

Andy this is the email I have from Onkyo,

Hello Mr Warden,

ONKYO forwarded your e-mail to us - we are their UK Technical, Repairs and Spares partner.

Unfortunately, we are not aware of a way to dim or switch off the display on either model (515 / 715). We've also checked the Instruction Manuals and can't see anything relevant. You can, though, select various different display options to show different data on the display if this helps.

John Duncan

[quote user="Andy Clough"]

[/quote]

You sure you didn't just turn it off, Andy? That would dim the display alright........
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts