Denon AVR2310 - Group Test Winner

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
tigerpin - thanks for the advice. Also the question is, do I need to go with the 3310 if I have KEF3005SEs? I am planning to buy bookself speakers at some point in the near future.

problem is finding somewhere do demo both as my local dealer doesnt have any to demo in store.

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the west midlands/warwickshire area?

Chiswick - it was HiSpek, I called earlier and they had one 2310 in stock. You may have to call and reserve one but it may be a 7-10 day wait.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
tigerpin:
Hi there,

I tested the pioneer lx52 against the Denon 3310 just the other week using a monitor audio RX6 based surround set-up. The answer to your question really comes down to the type of sound you prefer.

I found both to be great for movies, with some more brightness but greater seperation in the mid, high and low end sound in the pioneer vs a more warm & integrated sound from the denon. What clinched it for me was the music test when I switched to CDs. The Denon sound to my ears was head and shoulders above the pioneer for me in pure direct mode. The sound source for this was one of the high end pioneer BD players.

I bought the 3310 and am gathering the readies for the speaker set-up asap. I recommend that you try and listen to the amps in your shortlist and this will let you know what you prefer. Just because something may be a 5* product it does not mean that you prefer the sound of it compared to a 4* product. Use the reviews as a handy and informed reference guide.

Hope this helps.

Tigerpin - can you let me know how you get on with your set up? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hems,

Happy to update as and when I am up and running and the kit has been run in, although if you are looking for a quick update then you may not be able to wait. Although I am working as fast as I can on the speakers.

As for whether you need a 3310, if you are going down the egg route, this is probably a question that the what hifi team can answer better than me. I was always aiming for the bookshelf or floorstander route after getting home clearance so pushed up the range slightly ;-).

You can always look at the features too, do you need DLNA etc, if not then based on the reviews and feedback on the forums the 2310 sounds as though it is a good balance of performance vs functionality? Just working through the thought process that I went through.

Happy hunting!

A

Anonymous

hope someone will be able to clarify this for me. After reading the group test, the spec of the Denon 2310 indicates that it has networking capabilities with 1 ethernet input.

Looking on Denon's site inc. the pictures of the device there is no mention of an ethernet input. Where as the 3310 there is obvious description and visible evidence of ethernet being available.

Does the 2310 have an ethernet connection as stated in the magazine?

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
burts:

hope someone will be able to clarify this for me. After reading the group test, the spec of the Denon 2310 indicates that it has networking capabilities with 1 ethernet input.

Looking on Denon's site inc. the pictures of the device there is no mention of an ethernet input. Where as the 3310 there is obvious description and visible evidence of ethernet being available.

Does the 2310 have an ethernet connection as stated in the magazine?

Hi Burts. You're right, the 2310 doesn't have ethernet, usb, or wireless connectivity (I have a 2310): You'd need model 3310 upwards for that functionality. The specifications for the 2310 even on Denon's own website are misleading (wrong) in several respects (they claim it has 2 x USB ports amongst other things). WHF made a mistake in their 2310 review about the ethernet port, and the SSP, which is £800 not £900.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Problem with the price already covered; have amended the tech specs on our database so the review will show no ethernet/internet capability when the review is live on the site

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I'm a new member and the proud owner [just] of a 2310! I wonder if anyone has any advice on integrating my sub - an REL Q150E Mk 2: the manual is rather confusing me! My speakers are a Ruark package [Prologue II fronts, Etudes surrounds and a Dialogue II centre]: incidentally, the Audessey auto calibration selected the Etudes and Dialogue as "small", which surprised me as they are full-range units. Anyway, back to the REL, this has both high-level and low-level [LFE] outputs and I've connected both to the 2310 as per the REL instructions. Page 23 in the 2310 Manual talks about subs with or without "a direct mode"....I don't know what that is....maybe it equates to the REL high-level output? The Manual then talks about disabling vol & crossover settings in "direct" - which I can't do on the REL - and, if the sub is "non-direct", setting the volume and crossover at max and the low-pass filter at off. Hmm, so I really don't know what to set the REL to prior to re-running the Audessey auto calibration. Any ideas?

PS for What Hi-Fi guys: why did you not mention anything about audio perfromance [music] in your 2310 Review? You did for the 1910 and I therefore assumed similarly good CD/SACD performance for the 2310. It's too early for me to confirm this as I'm still 'burning in'.

A

Anonymous

I have my denon 2310 hooked up to my ps3 and for some reason the game mode doesnt sound right. on ps3 home page it should click when moveing between options but it almost double clicks with a bit of a crakle. also does this on rock and jazz settings. other settings dont do this just a clear click when screening through the options on ps3. any idears y this is happening ??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts