Denon AVR1910 Firmware upgrade to HDMI 1.4

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just saw an ad in September What Hi-Fi for a Yamaha RX-V367 amp that states at the bottom of the page "*HDMI 1.4 3D feature will be available via firmware update". I understand that my Denon AVR1910 firmware can only be upgraded by a dealer but does anybody know if they can upgrade the software to make it 1.4 3D compatible?

Is it necessary for me to use a 3D compatible amp in my set up? Is there a way I can still use my AVR1910 in a 3D setup?

A

Anonymous

Either you will need a player like the pannys, with two hdmi outputs, one for the audio to the denon, and one to the 3d tv, or any 3d blu ray player with analogue outs which will do the decoding and send it through analogue outs to the denon, the firmware upgrade seems unlikely. But both optons should work fine if 3d will really take off, as that is a question unanswered still.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I received an e-mail from Denon confirming that a firmware upgrade is not possible as 50% of the electronics would also need replacing. Maybe I should just wait and see what happens with 3D before I dive in but I need to purchase a new TV and was considering 3D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts