Denon AVR-X1000. What Speakers?

dgultig

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am a total newbie to the would of HiFi and looking to get in the game.

I am looking at purchasing a Denon AVR-X1000 Receiver but I am struggling to find speakers to pair it with.

My 2 choices I have been looking at are the Wharfedale 10.2 (if I can find them) or the Monitor Audio Bronze BX2.Which do you think would be best or do you have any other views on speakers which are better suited?

Budget = £300, room is about 15' x 12' and I will be mainly watching TV, listening to music and playing games (60%,30%,10%)

If you have any ideas or opinions please let me know.

Thanks again :)

dgultig

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I am aware it is a receiver. I thought it would be best as it would give the opportunity to expand to a 5.1 setup in the furture if I wanted to. That said if you think using a 5.1 receiver with a 2.0 setup isnt a great idea let me know. Like I said, I am totally new to this.

Thanks.

dgultig

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Ah thats great. Will go for the MA Bronze then. Will try and stretch the budget to get the CS as well then. Alos I have been looking at receivers and I saw a Yamaha RX-V673 which is only £50 more than the Denon but looks a lot better. What do you think?

dgultig

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Great stuff, thanks so much for the help.

Yamaha RX-V673 with MA Bronze 3.0 set up to start with and then I can take it from there over time.

flashy

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm also interested in getting the denon avr-x1000 and would like to start with a 2.0 setup to later expand to a 5.0 setup. I was looking to get a pair of boston acoustics a-25 to start with and then add the centre and sub as well. What are your thoughts on the A-25s ? there is the option of getting the a-26 as well but i thought that since i would be getting the sub soon after I could go with a slightly smaller model for front speakers .

any insights would be greatly appreciated

thanks !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts