Denon AVR-4520 or Yamaha RX-A3020 or Pioneer SC-LX86

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi There,

I was in same dielemma few weeks back.

I was trying to decide between ARCAM 600, Anthem MRX 700, Denon 4311, Denon 4520, Pioneer LX85/86.

Acram - decided not to go with due to stability issues.

Denon 4311 - decided not to go with due to two generation gap as comparision to current models.

I choose LX86 over LX85 due to flexibility in bi-amp etc.

so I came down to Anthem MRX700, Denon 4520 and Pioneer LX86.

I got these at home each for two days.

MRX 700 sounds great ( little more bass then I prefer) but two major drawbacks, only single HDMI output and I can't swap my TV and projector everyday. I can use splitter to add complexity but another issue was no passthrough in standby mode.

I almost purchased and paid for LX86 as Denon 4520 was not available for delivery, after getting LX86 I was disappointed and I was surprised how Whathifi rates the product. Sound quality was good, lot of option for sound changes , lacks on Bass. Very poor GUI, no GUI overaly, It gets confused with multiple HDMI outputs even without CEC and ends up in no display, you have to hard reboot it. I looked into the DSP used and seems the manufacturer is good in cost effictive products may not be best in quality. The remote controll doesn't seems to be impressing, the frequency angle is less in comparision to Denon one. The Apple app is good though.

My retailer gave me option to hear Denon as well, sound is perfect, not less not more Bass. It has very slight edge over LX86 in sound quality and you will feel that you are hearing little more in comparision to LX86. LX86 sometime sounds very clear due to less Bass. IN short both receivers more or less same in sound quality. May be Denon gets little edge. The GUI of Denon is superb, good remote and things are simple. HDMI negotiation works good and you have custom Amp assign option. Overall I am very happy with Denon.

Would suggest you get demo and don't only hear it but try to use it as well.

My preference is Denon a 5 star while Pioneer a 4 star.

A

Anonymous

Hi There,

I was in same dielemma few weeks back.

I was trying to decide between ARCAM 600, Anthem MRX 700, Denon 4311, Denon 4520, Pioneer LX85/86.

Acram - decided not to go with due to stability issues.

Denon 4311 - decided not to go with due to two generation gap as comparision to current models.

I choose LX86 over LX85 due to flexibility in bi-amp etc.

so I came down to Anthem MRX700, Denon 4520 and Pioneer LX86.

I got these at home each for two days.

MRX 700 sounds great ( little more bass then I prefer) but two major drawbacks, only single HDMI output and I can't swap my TV and projector everyday. I can use splitter to add complexity but another issue was no passthrough in standby mode.

I almost purchased and paid for LX86 as Denon 4520 was not available for delivery, after getting LX86 I was disappointed and I was surprised how Whathifi rates the product. Sound quality was good, lot of option for sound changes , lacks on Bass. Very poor GUI, no GUI overaly, It gets confused with multiple HDMI outputs even without CEC and ends up in no display, you have to hard reboot it. I looked into the DSP used and seems the manufacturer is good in cost effictive products may not be best in quality. The remote controll doesn't seems to be impressing, the frequency angle is less in comparision to Denon one. The Apple app is good though.

My retailer gave me option to hear Denon as well, sound is perfect, not less not more Bass. It has very slight edge over LX86 in sound quality and you will feel that you are hearing little more in comparision to LX86. LX86 sometime sounds very clear due to less Bass. IN short both receivers more or less same in sound quality. May be Denon gets little edge. The GUI of Denon is superb, good remote and things are simple. HDMI negotiation works good and you have custom Amp assign option. Overall I am very happy with Denon.

Would suggest you get demo and don't only hear it but try to use it as well.

My preference is Denon a 5 star while Pioneer a 4 star.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts