Denon AVR-2310 - no setup mic, a problem?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If I had a chance of a Denon AVR-2310 that is hardly used at a great price but the setup mic has been lost is this a big deal? Would it be that more difficult to set up, or could I obtain or use another mic for setup?

Thanks,

Paul.

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
You can get them pretty easily online, thought I might have to do the same but mine came with one luckily!

Google is your friend :)

Also, if its a lot less than £400, please don't share the price, mine just arrived today and it would steal my thunder :D

A

Anonymous

You should be able to get a setup mic, maybe somewhere like flebay or directly from Denon or a dealer. You could also buy a cheap Noise meter from somewhere like maplin and put in the distances manually.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
pauled51:
If I had a chance of a Denon AVR-2310 that is hardly used at a great price but the setup mic has been lost is this a big deal? Would it be that more difficult to set up, or could I obtain or use another mic for setup?

Thanks,

Paul.

Is it that silver one on feebay?

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete,

Yup - keeping an eye on the price. Looks a good deal if I get it below 300, yes?

Thanks to all the replies - much appreciated.

Paul.

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Well mine was £375 with 12 month guarantee if that helps you decide a cut-off point?

Can't really say a lot more as Ive not even turned it on yet :)

A

Anonymous

The mic is not needed at all. Just use a tape measure to measure the distances. Set the levels to something like +5 each and 0 for sub. Then just play around tweaking levels by playing various sources. A cheap sound level meter would be a better spend than a mic if you feel unsure about setting levels by ear. One of the Big Questions last year was about the merits of setting up an av amp using mics compared to manual.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
pauled51:

Pistol Pete,

Yup - keeping an eye on the price. Looks a good deal if I get it below 300, yes?

Thanks to all the replies - much appreciated.

Paul.

Yep, not bad. I'm 'thinking' of upgrading and if I do was hoping to get round £300....so I guess under £300 would be good, if you don't mind silver....
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts