Denon AVR-2310 B Stock

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had a Denon avr-1909 which developed a fault under warranty. I sent the 1909 off to Denon for a repair but 4 weeks later they informed me they may not be able to get the spare part needed to fix the fault so offered me a Denon avr-1910, although this may be a better receiver but I really liked the fact the 1909's display would show how many channels are being input and output which the 1910 doesn't.

After having spent some time with Denons customer services and speaking to there engineer in Germany he agreed to replace my unit with a b-stock 2310 as he also agreed the display and analogue inputs on the 1909 can only be found on the 2310 and upwards models. I picked up the avr-2310 from the retailer on Tuesday afternoon, I was told by Denon that the unit was not repaired but a ex demo. It has a faint marks on the front panel which is ok but the plastic on the display is quite badly scratched, especially viewable where I have it as the light shines on it. This is annoying as my unit was in absolutely mint condition. I emailed Denon again this morning and I got the following reply.

Dear Mohsin,

It’s a great pity the unit is not in an acceptable condition for you. However we would take this unit back and issue a credit as neither your original unit is actually repairable nor another AVR-1909 available. Please return the unit to your dealer. As soon as it’s with our service agent we will credit the retailer.

Thank you.

This has left me stuck as I purchased my 1909 before the prices went up so managed to pick it up for £300 which wont buy me a replacement. I don't really think its fair that Denon couldn't fix a fault with my unit which is 13 months old and even the replacements they are offering are all grade B stock. I am not very clued up on exactly what my rights are and in all fairness they may be offering me more options then I am entitled to but I don't like the idea of having my pristine unit replaced with one that isnt and I dont know where it has come from or how long it was used.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

A

Anonymous

Can you not just take the 1910 offer and live without the input output info ?

Seems like a decent offer to be fair on Denon, the 1910 was av reciever of the year I think so its not a bad replacement
emotion-5.gif
. But the fact they sent you a unit with scratch damage on the screen is poor.

A

Anonymous

The problem is that even the avr-1910 they were going to send me was a B Stock unit. Dont get me wrong they could have done alot worse, they could have still been telling me that my 1909 is in the process of getting repaired knowing very well they cant repair it.

I had another problem earlier where I was getting distortion out of the sub channel, it almost sounded like the sub was reaching its peak but it was no where near enough volume for it to be doing that. Guess I will have to wait until I can speak to Denon again on Tuesday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/jun/05/consumer-rights-returned-goods

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-and-rip-offs/tips-and-guides/article.html?in_article_id=487339&in_page_id=53954&in_advicepage_id=131

"If a defect is detected when, or in a reasonable period of time after, the sale is made, then buyers can demand a full refund."

I'm not sure, but perhaps you are eligible to receive a new Denon1910, & not a B grade stock. You'll have to check the law in detail. If you're not eligible, the 1910 is currently available for £379, so you can pay £79 for a brand new Denon 1910.

Just ask them for the postal address of the Head of the Complaints Department at Denon & also your dealer. Write to them & ask for a brand new Denon 1910 which is only fair, according to the EU laws. They should agree for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts