DENON AVR 1909 versus ONKYO TX-SR606

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Denon - a more balanced sound with both movies and music, offering the energy and punch of the Onkyo plus a more refined touch where needed.

A

Anonymous

Excellent stuff. The Music/Movie balance is indeed of great importance-

So is the Onkyo a little on the tinny side when it comes to music?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't say tinny! Merely suffers slightly more from the typical AV receiver flaws when it comes to music - timing issues, for example. The Denon - while no musical maestro - sounds more convincing, and is a more refined listen, too.

A

Anonymous

Clare

i am currently looking at the £400 receivers, what would you recommend out of the following

Onkyo 606

Sony STR-DA2400es

Denon 1909

A

Anonymous

I'm also interested in replacing my A/V receiver in the same price range. I'd narrowed it down to the Denon AVR-1909 or the Sony STR DA2400ES so I was interested in your recommending the Sony ahead of the Denon.

Is this purely based upon the sound quality (as both have all the connections/decoding etc. that I need)? I'm not interested in the Yamahas because I want a receiver and not an amplifier, but I will wait until your review of the Denon 2309 in next months issue as I'll try and find the extra cash if its much better than the ones I'm looking at now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts