Denon AH-D2000 headphones - owner question?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just recieved my headphones and they look great, nice packaging, quality build very comfortable ect

i hve them connected to my graham slee solo and I have a big concern i only have about 5 hours on them but at the moment the bass is deep and firm but the treble seems distant especially on vocals they sound like they are behind the drums and everything else almost like they are not loud enough.

this is so far from what i am used to in my grado ps1000s which are very forward - i know not a fare comparison £200 to £1600 but i expected the vocals to be crystal clear

will they get better over time and even out???

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
I had the D2000 and have the D5000 now. The answer to your question is unfortunately it wont bring the vocals much. I had the Grado SR80 as well and I am sure even after lotsa burn in is not gonna bring the vocals out of the Denon like the Grado's. But one thing I can say is that you can correct it to some extent using the amp and the dac. I have not heard the Grahams as I paired mine with Musical Fidelity X Can V8 and it did tame the highs a bit bring the vocal a bit forward while the bass was tighter as well. I really liked that pairing though I would have preferred the vocals to come out a little more while the highs tamed a little bit more.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well 24 hours of constant playing and picked them up for another listen and now the vocals are exactly where they should be, right at the front and crystal clear - the bass still a bit dominent especially on rap but getting better

TRENDING THREADS