Denon 450 preamp

AndreaITA71

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
my stereo system: denon ceol n10 connected to a denon dp 450usb turntable.
the turntable has an internal amp but I would like to raise the quality with an external one.
Everyone recommends the pro-Ject phono box MM to me. Would I really have an improvement? Any other suggestions? Thanks and a hug from Sicily.

my stereo system: denon ceol n10 connected to a denon dp 450usb turntable.
the turntable has an internal amp but I would like to raise the quality with an external one.
Everyone recommends the pro-Ject phono box MM to me. Would I really have an improvement? Any other suggestions? Thanks and a hug from Sicily.
Welcome to the forum.
Can I ask what cartridge you have on that turntable and how much do you want to spend?
Asking because you may get a bigger improvement by changing the cartridge rather than adding an external phono preamp.
If it still has the original cartridge fitted I would suggest you replace that with a better one before you try to upgrade the preamp.
P.S. wish I was in Sicily right now..... :)

The included cartridge is Denon’s own DSN-85 MM. Any suggestion? Maximum budget € 200.
Many thanks🤗
Whilst it is possible to simply replace the stylus in the cartridge you already have it isn't cheap.
Your cartridge is fitted with a spherical tip, you can better that with a Hyper Elliptical for £90 (code CN6518HE) or even an excellent Shibata (code CN6518SH) for around £149, your cartridge is actually a cheap one that is manufactured by Audio Technica for Denon.
In you position I would think about upgrading by completely replacing that cartridge (you could keep it as a spare....)

I suggest it would be bettered by buying an Audio Technica AT-VM95ML or even an AT-VM95SH if you can get one for your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts