Denon 1911 or 2310

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm on the edge or ordering an amp. I've done the rounds listened to various setups and options and taken and read lots of advice.
It's come down to the Denon 1911 or 2310

I'm going down the B&W 685 cinema pack for speakers - sounds awesome with music and movies.

In listening tests, I can't hear the difference between the two, which is making the decision harder as reviews say the 2130 is a jump up from the 1910, so unless the 1911 has significantly moved the game on... I guess we'll find out at the end of the month!

I suspect all the 2310 deals will have dried up by then and 3D is not a concern, so given the identical price of both amps now, I'm trying to make a decision:

Arguments for 1911:

* ARC compatible TV, so only need one lead

* Convenience of USB port for iPod

* It's the latest model, newer internal components etc...

Arguments for 2310:

* On paper the better quality amp

* More power to drive the speakers
* More ports that I might need in the future

I guess looking at my own lists the 1911 seems to be the way forward as I save on leads and don't need to buy an iPod dock, it just feels like the 2310 seems too good of a deal to turn down!
Thoughts?

Ian

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Definitely go for the 2310 if you can get one of the deals. I'm still tweaking and running in my system having bought it a couple of weeks ago and set it up a week ago.

The 685 theatre is a great package that goes really well with the 2310. I made two modifications to the package myself; I changed the rears to M-1's (due to space limitations) and I upgraded the subwoofer from the ASW608 to the ASW610.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend you audition the 610 and do a comparison with the 608. It's not that it's a bad sub but I found the jump in performance to outweigh the difference in price (especially if you get an offer while the sales are still on). The 608 just felt like it was a little loose and boomy and the 610 sealed the deal for me. Maybe it's partly due to the fact that I'm using M-1's for rears rahter than 686's.

In any case, if you get one of these Denon receivers and the B&W speakers, I'm sure you'll be a very happy bunny.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Gozaradio:
The 685 theatre is a great package that goes really well with the 2310. I made two modifications to the package myself; I changed the rears to M-1's (due to space limitations) and I upgraded the subwoofer from the ASW608 to the ASW610.

The decision to go with the 610 subwoofer is spot-on. But don't you think the M-1's at the rear just spoil the appearance of the 685 Theatre system?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes i would go for 2310, it might be an older model but it's still a good middle price receiver, refined and enough oopmh to drive those 685's.And a bargain price capable of driving speakers £1000- £2000 1911 will other newer speccs to 1910 receiver but still aimed at the lower end, go for it

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:Gozaradio:

The decision to go with the 610 subwoofer is spot-on. But don't you think the M-1's at the rear just spoil the appearance of the 685 Theatre system?

My surrounds are reasonably high up on the wall and the silver M-1's are surprisingly discrete. I put them up when my wife was out for the afternoon and she hadn't even noticed them when she got back until I pointed them out so that was mission accomplished when it came to not having "big speakers everywhere". Also would have been difficult to place 686's in our room in such a way that would give surround feel to the whole room rather than just one sofa.

One day, when we get round to extending the house, there will be room for big speakers all round. I would like to have another pair of 685's for surrounds. Don't know what I would do if we ever went 7.1 (not likely to be any time soon)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys!

Sounds fairly conclusive from the feedback which direction to go
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts