Denon 1910 VS Onkyo TXNR609

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi All, I have a Denon 1910 and I am thinking of upgrading to the Onkyo TXNR609. The What Hi fi give it a great review but a few people on here dont seem to be to happy with theirs. Any advice or comments please.

A

Anonymous

I don`t have vast experience with AV receivers but I do have an Onkyo 609, and though I am experiencing a problem with it at the moment, it doesn`t warrant me giving it a bad name. I`m not disappointed with its performance, it`s a nice receiver, but with me, it`s more of a case of being frustrated at what I don`t understand.

A

Anonymous

Hi I hope they are good just ordered mine for £399 yesterday

and its on the way to me now they have just put it back up to £499

just in time will let you know.:)

A

Anonymous

Hi I hope they are good just ordered mine for £399 yesterday

and its on the way to me now they have just put it back up to £499

just in time will let you know.:)

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Went to Richer Sounds today and they still have them at £399 but asked for advice and he said that sound quality would not be any better than my 1910 and said that I should buy 1912 he did ask what speakers I have as well. This is different to what hi fi reckons?

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what your priority. If your priority is waching films, then the Onkyo will give you a very good soround sound and pict quality....but for stereo music, the Denon 1910 is better...

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your reply I do use it mainly to watch movies but then my pc is hooked up to it and i listern to I tunes through that I do rip at the highest quality,that said I dont have a CD player.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your reply I do use it mainly to watch movies but then my pc is hooked up to it and i listern to I tunes through that I do rip at the highest quality,that said I dont have a CD player.

A

Anonymous

Ian986 said:

Unless you fancy some of the Onkyos features like Spotify, or network facilities I should stick with what you have. The 1910 is a great amplifier especially for film.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts