Denon 1910, Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 (not Elite)

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Please could someone advise the best way to connect these all together.

The Denon amp has 2 components outputs and I have component cables for both the Wii and the Xbox, is it just a case of connecting the Wii and Xbox to the component outputs and away I go, or do I need a connection to the TV.

I dont really want to have to keep unconnecting one each time I need to use the other one

Thanks in advance

Damian

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think the Denon probably has at least two component inputs (WHF's spec sheet says it has 5) - you would connect both the Xbox and the Wii to two of these inputs. Assuming the amp is connected via HDMI to the TV, you just need to set up the Denon so that the component video inputs are assigned to the same audio input you have connected the Xbox and the Wii to and you should be good to go.

A

Anonymous

Hi, just to add to that. If you want 5.1 from your 360 then connect an optical lead (available seperately) from the multi-av lead on the 360 to an optical input on the amp. Make sure the correct digital input is selected on the amps menu. Also on the 360's user menu's make sure the digital surround is turned on. I can't remember the correct term used on the munu but it is obvious.

If the Wii also has a phono audio lead attached to the amp you will get Dolby Pro-logicII surround on some games. They usually are marked on the back of the box. The amp will actually force a sudo suround from normal stereo games as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts