Deleting on Humax Foxsat PVR

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For some reason I have lost the ability to delete files off my Humax PVR, I've looked through the settings and can't work out why, anyone got any ideas?

daveh75

When you say you/ve lost the ability to delete recordings do you mean the function has disappeared or just wont let you!Also are you trying to delete while recording! as people are having trouble with this.

A

Anonymous

I don't have this problem.

If the box is recording I use Opt+, File Manager and then delete. This even works if I'm watching the file at the time. The fact that the box is recording doesn't seem to make any difference on mine. I can even transfer files to an external drive and then delete.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
As Dave said, you can't delete and record at the same time.

After a file has been recorded you can't delete it immediately but usually have to wait until the next day, I'm not sure why but it might have something to do with the box still thinking its recording.

For existing recordings, (box not recording, recording not same day) press Media > Highlight the file you want to remove > Opt+ > File Manager > Delete.

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
The same thing happened to me the other day,pressed media button to view a file ,watched a bit of it then stopped it and tried to delete the file but the option wouldnt show only the play option,i pressed exit and came out and when i went back in later the option to delete had appeared again!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies, I was trying to delete a file whilst recording so this sounds like it may have been the problem, maybe this is something which could be addressed by the Foxsat team? Also the inability to delete a file after only watching a couple of minutes has also happened to me, not good if you desperately need the space on the HDD!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
DenP:
I don't have this problem.

If the box is recording I use Opt+, File Manager and then delete. This even works if I'm watching the file at the time. The fact that the box is recording doesn't seem to make any difference on mine. I can even transfer files to an external drive and then delete.

This is a bit wierd. The inability to delete files when recording is a recognised issue....so you shouldn't be able to do it! Unless there has been a OTA update which has passed me by.

A

Anonymous

There's definately an issue with deleting files i think, its happened to me a couple of times previously but never worked out why. When I was messing with the menu last night trying to delete some files there was never any option to delete whatever mode/menu I was in, this morning when I went to use it the box only responded very slowly ie channel change took about 6 seconds everytime, turned it off for a minute and back on and all was ok, weird!

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
The inability to delete whilst recording is in the bug feedback list for Humax on Digital Spy. Whether or not they can address this or whether or not there's some technical reason as to why it can't be done is another matter.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
My PVR 9200T allows the deletion of files when recording another....so why not the FoxSat.

And there it is. 1000 posts! I'd just like to thank my Mum....

A

Anonymous

As other posters also said that this was a known issue I checked again this evening. While recording an episode of Coronation Street I watched a previous recording and before it ended went to Opt+, File Manager and then deleted the file I was watching - worked fine. I set the box to record a programme on a different channel later in the evening and tried again, with the same result. File safely deleted. Maybe it's because I've not updated the original firmware.

It sounds as if others were able to do it originally and then lost the ability. I wonder if they've all updated their firmware to the latest version.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it. I went to the Humax site and tried downloading the latest update.....nbut it kept timing out. Posters on digitalspy were saying that the download should take 7 minutes but the server was banging people out after 3. I sent an email to Humax and have not rec'd a reply.

I suspect those having problems (including me) have been provided boxes with later firmware pre-installed.

What version do you have?

A

Anonymous

I have Firmware version HPRSFC1 1.00.01 which I assume must be the very first one. I only have a single LNB, so use loop through, and to be honest have had no trouble with or complaint about the box or the way it works. Because I only have the single LNB I can't do over the air updates, and given that I don't have any problems I'm working on the addage that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know how to delete a folder , i created one but not sure ive done it correctly, has anyone else bothered with this feature? i just wanted to create 2 folders for programmes me and the wife.

BTW my version is hprsfc1 1.00.02

Also ive just seen on youtube a video of the humax foxsat pvr and they had eurosport and sky one on there how did they do that?

And i have got 141 channels on mine is this correct?

A

Anonymous

You can delete a folder in the same way as deleting a recorded programme. You need page GB59 for the instructions.

You'd need to give a URL for the video you watched before I could comment on it, but you can get other FTA channels by using the manual tune option. (Sport coverage is available on the BBC channels via the red button and selecting the Sports Multiscreen option. This is often somewhat limited, but in recent days I've watched Darts, Snooker, Bowls and Tennis. I'm not a football fan but I don't think there's much football available.)

To tune to one of the non-freesat channels after tuning you need to use the STB option which is explained on page GB46 of the manual.

I've never counted the number of channels I have but the list updates automatically. The last major channel I recall being added was Channel 5.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Yep got it.So do i have to put it in stb mode to watch non-freesat ? im doing man tuning right now its found 598 channels at 63%, and i have read that if i have scheduled recorded stuff that it will be erased if i dont go back to freesat mode?

A

Anonymous

Scheduled recordings won't take place while the box is in STB mode.

I'm afraid that means that if you've set the box to record something at, say, 8 o'clock and you're watching a Non-Freesat programme at that time, the recording won't take place. Similarly, if you've left the box in STB mode and put it on standby, recordings won't take place. The schedule shouldn't be erased as such, but recordings won't take place if the box isn't reset to Freesat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts