andyman1006 said:
I'm looking to buy a turntable setup, new to the vinyl scene

I am thinking: Rega Planar 1, Onkyo A-9010, Q-Acoustic 3020

Without pushing a £600 buget, is there anyway I can improve?

You could possibly replace the RP1 with the Pro-ject Essential III, and make sure the speakers suit your playing room. Have you auditioned them?

insider9

I know this isn't what you asked for so apologies. I hope it doesn't bother you. 2 options just over budget.

If you're able to push the budget to £630 you could do it with Monitor Audio Bronze 2 + Onkyo A9010 assuming you're set on Rega Planar 1. Difference in speakers would be night and day I've listened to both with said amp.

Al Ears suggested a tad cheaper turntable and I'd go with his suggestion. This way you'd bring the cost down to £610.

Either way keep the Onkyo it can't be touched for the money and it's phono stage is rather good.

insider9 said:
I know this isn't what you asked for so apologies. I hope it doesn't bother you. 2 options just over budget.

If you're able to push the budget to £630 you could do it with Monitor Audio Bronze 2 + Onkyo A9010 assuming you're set on Rega Planar 1. Difference in speakers would be night and day I've listened to both with said amp.

Al Ears suggested a tad cheaper turntable and I'd go with his suggestion. This way you'd bring the cost down to £610.

Either way keep the Onkyo it can't be touched for the money and it's phono stage is rather good.

I'd probably agree with the MA Bronze and the OP should budget for some second-hand speaker stands rather than plonking them on some sideboard or worse. Always a good idea with any bookshelf type speaker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts