Decisions decisions...which ipod hifi with CD and DAB???!!! HELP!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a system that would be suitable as a Christmas present. I am looking to get my boyfriend an ipod/CD/DAB system in the region of about £200 (under if I can).
It needs to be suitable to go in our living room/dining room so the sounds really needs to be spot on. He really likes the Zepplin but obviously this is compeletly out of the price range at the moment so I did look at the Teac but the reviews are quite mixed.
I'm sure everyone says this but really want the best my money can get - he can be a right fussy buggar!! Been looking at some Pioneer systems which seem to get good reviews for the system but fall at the speakers. Whilst we could look to get better speakers later on I'd rather have some that are sturdy and good acoustics to begin with.
The music would mainly be played from iphone 4s and cd's....I like the idea of wireless sound but this is not essential.
Excuse me for being a girl but soooooo lost with all the reviews, especially on Amazon - for every 5 saying its amazing there are another 3 saying its rubbish!
Thank you for your help - mwah!!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The part about the CD is something I can't reply to since it's not in my area of expertise, and I think it makes the purchase more complicated, and probably too expensive if you're looking for an all-in-one with good sound.

But I have used several speakers external to the iPod, and my favorite is the very small Jawbone Jambox, which can be operated from Bluetooth that's built into recent iPods and iPhones.

If you go with speakers only, there are many good choices. I also have a B&W MM1 which is outside of your range, but a good example for a wider, larger sound than with the small item I mentioned.

A

Anonymous

This is over your budget, but is an excellent setup. the Denon DM38 with decent speakers...you can get Mercury V1s as a "free" upgrade to the standard speakers, as Hifix are doing this packge for £299. When it was £308, Sevenoaks in Guildford matched the price so you may be able to get it locally. It is £100 over your budget, but it is good since it has CD, DAB, FM and a USB socket on the front for your iphone :bounce:

http://www.hifix.co.uk/hi-fi-package-deals/denon/d-m38-silver-inc-mercury-v1-speakers.html

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
If he is as fussy as you say he is then the likelihood is that he may not be entirely happy with anything other than the Zeppelin which he has been considering.

Would your contribution towards the Zeppelin be an option worth considering?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Dr Lodge said:
This is over your budget, but is an excellent setup. the Denon DM38 with decent speakers...you can get Mercury V1s as a "free" upgrade to the standard speakers, as Hifix are doing this packge for £299. When it was £308, Sevenoaks in Guildford matched the price so you may be able to get it locally. It is £100 over your budget, but it is good since it has CD, DAB, FM and a USB socket on the front for your iphone :bounce:

http://www.hifix.co.uk/hi-fi-package-deals/denon/d-m38-silver-inc-mercury-v1-speakers.html

As a further alternative, Richer Sounds email of today says they have a deal of the DM38 with Acoustic Energy Compact One for £280 - should sound rather nice, certainly looks the part and a little less over budget.

TRENDING THREADS