Decision at last! Cyrus v Arcam

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have decided finally to go and buy a Arcam ampliflier and matching cd player.

As far as the Cyrus is concerned i dont think i can push financially to it,even on ebay!

But any help from the What hi fi would be helpful.

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Well not really a solution haha.

ÿ

I looked at buying arcam alpha 8 but not sure if it would improve my system ÿ

A

Anonymous

well and you may laugh between £400-£500

I have Quad 21l speakers and music wise.

A wide range from ÿJacko,neil diamond,dido,eagles,queen,indie.

A huge range

ÿ

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
With that budget I would be looking for better and newer than the 8. You can get decent DIVA kit for that but avoid the A65/70 amps. If you want mellow go for a CD92/3, if you want a bit more pace stretch to a new CD192 for £400 from Lintone, Moorgate or Sevenoaks. Best amp is an A85 second hand, then get a P85 at some point in the future, and biamp. I haven't heard the A90 replacement for A85 but from what I've heard it's not as good.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Your not local to notts by any chance? Ive a 8r you can demo for a bit if you have swapsies or sizeable deposit. I may even let it go very soon and its lived behind black glass all its life. No hardened lightened plastics. Wiped down every few years with wet tissue, and only once has the printing even been touched. Its not in bad nick :)

Im not trying to sell it though, or i will have nothing lol. Its going soon though.

A

Anonymous

friendly1_uk:

Im not trying to sell it though, or i will have nothing lol. Its going soon though.

Replace it with this and you'll be much happier ?

A

Anonymous

andyb190:friendly1_uk:

Replace it with this and you'll be much happier ?

is that yours? shadey lol

Im moving away from the brand. I thought it held the answers but having wired up my spare 80's amp yestoday ive remembered what pace is, and i like it. Unfortunatly the 80s amp is only single input though as the front end is somewhat fryed. I would like a metal rack though. It opens up shielding oppertunities and pleanty of cabletie ancor points. Im yet to see a metal rack take advantage of the fact its conductive, but i know a little about radio wave propergation, and i know its a future mod without doubt

A

Anonymous

Nope not mine but looked reasonably cheap so thought I'd chuck it in....more for others to note.

A

Anonymous

That really is very nice looking, especially in black and with those MA speakers.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
To be honest i think with that budget you'd be better off getting either an Arcam Alpha 9 integrated and an Arcam 8SE CDP or maybe take a look for a NAD C352 integrated amp along with the NAD C542 CDP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts