Decent cheap amp?

Molloy

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit of a rank noob when it comes to speakers. I bought a pair of passive M71 speakers the other day and without understanding I'd need something to power it. I'm wondering what sort of cheapish amp I can get, even just to tide me over for the moment. They're budget speakers so it wouldn't be a travesty.

I don't meant to be cheap but I bought a pair of Vestax turntables and a Technics mixer this month as well so I'm kind of tapped out at this stage. Just wanted to get into DJing really it's only for home use.

Anyway, Mission M71 specs are as follows. Any pointers on what I need to look for in an amp? I see a ones ranging from 30 euro to about 80 euro on ebay but I'm not sure if those Karaoke amps are going to work at all? I've never had a decent sound system in my life so entry level will be a hell of an improvement on my usual listening habits.

Power requirement: 25 to 75 watts
Sensitivity: 88dB
Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
Magnetically shielded
HxWxD (mm) / Weight: 296 x 170 x 275 / 4.5kg
Frequency response: 65 - 20,000 Hz
Biwireable
Bass port: Rear ported
Drivers: Treble: 25mm sheer micro fibre dome
Mid/bass: 130mm bonded woven glass
composite cone

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Molloy said:
I'm a bit of a rank noob when it comes to speakers. I bought a pair of passive M71 speakers the other day and without understanding I'd need something to power it. I'm wondering what sort of cheapish amp I can get, even just to tide me over for the moment. They're budget speakers so it wouldn't be a travesty.

I don't meant to be cheap but I bought a pair of Vestax turntables and a Technics mixer this month as well so I'm kind of tapped out at this stage. Just wanted to get into DJing really it's only for home use.

Anyway, Mission M71 specs are as follows. Any pointers on what I need to look for in an amp? I see a ones ranging from 30 euro to about 80 euro on ebay but I'm not sure if those Karaoke amps are going to work at all? I've never had a decent sound system in my life so entry level will be a hell of an improvement on my usual listening habits.

Power requirement: 25 to 75 watts
Sensitivity: 88dB
Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
Magnetically shielded
HxWxD (mm) / Weight: 296 x 170 x 275 / 4.5kg
Frequency response: 65 - 20,000 Hz
Biwireable
Bass port: Rear ported
Drivers: Treble: 25mm sheer micro fibre dome
Mid/bass: 130mm bonded woven glass
composite cone

As you have a mixer you will only need a poweramp.

Decent and cheap do not really go together so buy whatever you can find to get you going.

Keep saving your pennies and put it to wards something like this. A quality product that will meet it specs and give you real power, much, much better than the usual 'Disco' amplifiers.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/amps/crown/XLS202D#.UvtsCUJ_tpw

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts