Deal or not?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
As new Arcam A32 and P35 in silver for £735 cash...

I'm sure I can get a fair proportion of that back for my A85/P85 combo on fleabay

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for the deal, purely based on the value. Not sure on sound quality terms, as I found the A32 to be pretty similar to the A85.

The FMJ kit should retain more value now that Diva hi-fi is finished. Also, as you say, you shuld get a fair chunk of your cash back on the A85/P85.

I'm sure there's be one or two here interested in taking the P85 off your hands, if you get it sorted after it's recent misfortunes
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I would go for .ÿ

Just be aware that I think I contacted the same person from a shop beginning with A (two words in name) about a week ago and, on trying the P35 unit, it didn't work. He rang me to notify me and he said his engineer would look at it. Turns out it had a dry solder joint which he repaired. From looking at the net, a dry joint is a legitimate fault and probably occurred during manufacture.ÿ

The owner sounded like a good honest guy looking to wind down his shop (reason for cheap sale).

Good luck!ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Can you remember what the name was Lee (or the first letter of the second word) or where you saw it advertised, or what the guy was called?

A

Anonymous

The shop was AO. I can give you the name of the shop if you want but haven't in case you want the bargain!. The guy was perfectly honest with me and I respect his honesty.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Looks like the same guy. Seems a nice guy and says there will be a 3 month warranty.

Do you know anything else about them?

A

Anonymous

Not really joelsim. He said the original owner was minted and the arcams looked like new.

I'd go for it.

I have just had a tax rebate so I've managed to get some Ecosse MS4.45. The Proacs have moved into a different league! Much more 3D with the instruments sounding more real.ÿ

My P35 arrived today but there is no power cord with it so can't set it up. I'm very excited.

The missus said 'just what we need, another amp!'ÿ

Do men hear things differently?

Good luck with your purchase. I'd definately go for it at that price!ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
leenorris78:
Not really joelsim. He said the original owner was minted and the arcams looked like new.

I'd go for it.

I have just had a tax rebate so I've managed to get some Ecosse MS4.45. The Proacs have moved into a different league! Much more 3D with the instruments sounding more real.

My P35 arrived today but there is no power cord with it so can't set it up. I'm very excited.

The missus said 'just what we need, another amp!'

Good luck with your purchase. I'd definately go for it at that price!

They don't understand at all!

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:leenorris78:

I'd go for it.

I have just had a tax rebate so I've managed to get some Ecosse MS4.45. The Proacs have moved into a different league! Much more 3D with the instruments sounding more real.

The missus said 'just what we need, another amp!'

Good luck with your purchase. I'd definately go for it at that price!

They don't understand at all!

Bring a valve amp home, tuck it away as much as possible and then play her favorite music. I think you'll win her over. Well, I'm going to try it at some point anyway...

T

the record spot

Ditto that - one day! Puresound A30 is on my wish list sometime or another...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Go for it Joel... Youd be daft not to at that price...

You'll get c£400 plus for the A85/P85 combo anytime on eBay i think...

Shame im not in a position to buy them or else i would have made you an offer already!

A

Anonymous

I did sneak in some chord chorus 2 interconnects into the flat about 3 months ago but guilt go the better of me. Well, I told the missus when I decided I was going to resell them on ebay.

By the way, I have the p35 here with no power cable. Should I ring the shop and find out where the cable is, or do they not come as standard when buying second hand?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Igglebert, I was seriously considering your previous suggestion of the valve amp but decided, after a subliminal comment to the missus, that I better stick with the slightly cheaper option, and the matching fachia. Many thanks for the suggestion, though. Much appreciated and a thought for the future! The CD192 has two outputs and I can feel a teachers golden hello approaching in 18 months!

A

Anonymous

My biggest battle isn't the cost or size of a valve amp but the sheer power consumption and waste. There's always something....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well the P35 wasn't working so didn't go for it. Shame as now have a wallet full of crisp 20s.

He did fix my P85 button in about 2 mins flat though free of charge.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts