Dead Pixel/s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My TV is 5 months old and I've noticed when I've got the PS3 homepage on that there is a pixel in the middle of the screen that is permanently black and another pixel nearby that flickers white. I'm presuming the black pixel is dead but what about the flickering white pixel. Also, what's the situation with dead pixels? Does one dead pixel warrant a replacement?

A

Anonymous

Did for my camera, so I presume it does for other products.

A

Anonymous

There is an EU regulation that covers this, I can't remember what its number is off the top of my head, but the top and bottom of it is that 3 dead pixels and above on a TV panel equates to a faulty panel.

I know because I have priously been through it with a Samsung LED TV in the past.

Is it only from this source or is the same pixel dead with other sources?

A

Anonymous

The dead pixel is visible with other sources but difficult to check the other flashing white pixel. Looks like ISO 13406-2 is the relevant standard although this seems to relate to "ergonomic requirements for work with visual displays based on flat panels". From what I can see, it looks as though probably 4 or 5 dead pixels on a full HD set is acceptable.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
pejwright:The dead pixel is visible with other sources but difficult to check the other flashing white pixel. Looks like ISO 13406-2 is the relevant standard although this seems to relate to "ergonomic requirements for work with visual displays based on flat panels". From what I can see, it looks as though probably 4 or 5 dead pixels on a full HD set is acceptable.

Sorry, I meant I'm wan't sure if the ISO was what markjaspi was referring to, not that I wasn't sure which ISO it was
emotion-1.gif

ISO 9241 is the revised and updated standard which replaced ISO 13406 (which is now withdrawn).

Hope this helps
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts