drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DAC/Network Streamer/CD

Future software upgradeable.

£55,000

This is not so much about VFM of the unit (debatable as always) but the cost of optional finishes ...

Gloss white or black £2300

Black Chrome Plate £11,500

Nickel Plate £5000

24ct Gold Plate £20,000

Really?

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if they'd do a matt version a bit cheaper, for those of us that don't like the current trend to make all things shiny and bling?

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually their products look fantastic, but can't see a DCS One on their site, but the Vivaldi, Debussy and Rossini look amazing :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
mond said:
Actually their products look fantastic, but can't see a DCS One on their site, but the Vivaldi, Debussy and Rossini look amazing :)

Not disagreeing about engineering content/impressive internal build and hardware such as the Neo drive and proprietary DAC/FPGA's etc etc.

I was just musing at the extra cost of finishes on top of the not insubstantial (!) £55,000 :)

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
mond said:

Not disagreeing about engineering content/impressive internal build and hardware such as the Neo drive and proprietary DAC/FPGA's etc etc.

I was just musing at the extra cost of finishes on top of the not insubstantial (!) £55,000 :)

Guess there must be someone out there agonising over which finish to go for!

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
a dCS Scarlatti cd player in action at a show, always wondered why it needed four boxes to play a cd but one listen showed why, it beat everything else at the show and I spent most of the day in the room, so much so that one of the demo staff brought me a coffee and sandwich.

In short should I win the lotto my first port of call would be the Vivaldi four box combination.

*music2*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
macdiddy said:
a dCS Scarlatti cd player in action at a show, always wondered why it needed four boxes to play a cd but one listen showed why, it beat everything else at the show and I spent most of the day in the room, so much so that one of the demo staff brought me a coffee and sandwich.

In short should I win the lotto my first port of call would be the Vivaldi four box combination.

*music2*

If I could afford it I would buy it and prance around on forums with pics and videos to trigger sceptics and objectivists. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts