• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

dCS One

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
DAC/Network Streamer/CD

Future software upgradeable.

£55,000

This is not so much about VFM of the unit (debatable as always) but the cost of optional finishes ...

Gloss white or black £2300

Black Chrome Plate £11,500

Nickel Plate £5000

24ct Gold Plate £20,000

Really?
 

Vladimir

New member
Dec 26, 2013
220
4
0
Drummerman is being silly. Of course you need different trim options to match it to the rest of your yacht interior.
 

mond

New member
Jan 11, 2011
10
0
0
Wonder if they'd do a matt version a bit cheaper, for those of us that don't like the current trend to make all things shiny and bling?
 

mond

New member
Jan 11, 2011
10
0
0
Actually their products look fantastic, but can't see a DCS One on their site, but the Vivaldi, Debussy and Rossini look amazing :)
 

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
mond said:
Actually their products look fantastic, but can't see a DCS One on their site, but the Vivaldi, Debussy and Rossini look amazing :)

 
Not disagreeing about engineering content/impressive internal build and hardware such as the Neo drive and proprietary DAC/FPGA's etc etc.

I was just musing at the extra cost of finishes on top of the not insubstantial (!) £55,000 :)
 

mond

New member
Jan 11, 2011
10
0
0
drummerman said:
mond said:
Actually their products look fantastic, but can't see a DCS One on their site, but the Vivaldi, Debussy and Rossini look amazing :)
Not disagreeing about engineering content/impressive internal build and hardware such as the Neo drive and proprietary DAC/FPGA's etc etc.

I was just musing at the extra cost of finishes on top of the not insubstantial (!) £55,000 :)
Guess there must be someone out there agonising over which finish to go for!
 

macdiddy

Well-known member
Sep 3, 2010
87
3
18,545
a dCS Scarlatti cd player in action at a show, always wondered why it needed four boxes to play a cd but one listen showed why, it beat everything else at the show and I spent most of the day in the room, so much so that one of the demo staff brought me a coffee and sandwich.

In short should I win the lotto my first port of call would be the Vivaldi four box combination.

*music2*
 

Vladimir

New member
Dec 26, 2013
220
4
0
macdiddy said:
a dCS Scarlatti cd player in action at a show, always wondered why it needed four boxes to play a cd but one listen showed why, it beat everything else at the show and I spent most of the day in the room, so much so that one of the demo staff brought me a coffee and sandwich.

In short should I win the lotto my first port of call would be the Vivaldi four box combination.

*music2*
If I could afford it I would buy it and prance around on forums with pics and videos to trigger sceptics and objectivists. *biggrin*
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS