dc6-t signature vs rx6

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
just been reading some post comparing the dc6-t and the rs6 and it seems the dc6t take the advantage.with the new Rx range,wichwould take the podium? (just seen some dc6-t or dc4-t on a shop and wondered...)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Tannoys are going to be a little like the KEF iQ5/iQ50 - quite lean with a very mid/HF orientated presentation. The MA's are going to sound much bigger, fuller, with a more weighty bottom end to them.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Im aware they dont punch lows quite as high as the rs6 but on detail on the mids and highs do you think they beat the rs6 and the rx6? reading a post from a user that prefered the dc6-t to the rs6.and the shop doesn.t have the rs6 anymore so that I can compare them to.

A

Anonymous

I auditioned the DC6T and the RX6.

To my ear the RX6 was well balanced and I prefered it to the B&W 684, which seemed a bit too warm and base heavy. The DC6T's had noticably more detail, a wider sound stage and more controlled bass, but I found the mid range a bit too distracting for the music I was listening too (guitar/rock). I'm now looking at getting the standmount PMC TB2i, which improved on the qualities I liked in the DC6T's and a midrange better suited to my music.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
nice impressiins arnitect,say...too distracting the mids? have you heard the KEF's iq series? if so, do you think they are more or less the same on the mids department?

A

Anonymous

Nope, however I did hear the KEF XQ30's but I was comparing them to the
similar priced Spendor A5's at the time. The Kef's sounded more
compressed, but quite balanced tonally. I doubt they share any parts
with IQ's.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't call the XQ's compressed, quite the opposite in fact!

The iQ and XQ share A UniQ driver, but that's about it. Most of the technology in the XQ has filtered down from the Reference series. The iQ is good, but the XQ is in quite a different league. I usually find KEF is a love/hate thing as they're leaner sounding than other manufacturers and place a little more emphasis on the midrange, a little like the Tannoys DC's.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
heard the DC6-t with a yamaha amp.not so sure...very metalic midrange, possibly a little bit more than the IQ series.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts