Dave Mirra Commited Suicide

Dom

Poor Dave Mirra had chronic traumatic encephalopathy and commited siucide in his truck by gun shot.

Growing up I played a few Mirra games. He will be missed.

xg00mida.jpg

K

keeper of the quays

I wouldn't lose sleep over this...a little pedantic goes a long way! I post in the miscellany section.I hadn't even noticed! But keep posting young cheetham!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

He died at the beginning of February. Have you just heard, or has it just sunk in?

K

keeper of the quays

Nice bit of sensitivity gentlemen...the reason this was in the news was of his condition! It was this condition that caused him to top himself! And a added irony is the condition can be caused by head trauma! So you can imagine he had hit his head a few times during the course of his profession...which made the news a tragedy..

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
Nice bit of sensitivity gentlemen...the reason this was in the news was of his condition! It was this condition that caused him to top himself! And a added irony is the condition can be caused by head trauma! So you can imagine he had hit his head a few times during the course of his profession...which made the news a tragedy..

He also took up boxing after he had retired.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/02/08/dave-mirra-suicide-depression-before-death-lost/

His medical condition and history of depression were made public just days after his death (and not just in the past few days).

It is very unfortunate the anguish that he must have been going through, and his situation has obviously touched you deeply.

Nevertheless I shall not apologise for pointing out that I had never heard of him.

K

keeper of the quays

expat_mike said:

He also took up boxing after he had retired.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/02/08/dave-mirra-suicide-depression-before-death-lost/

His medical condition and history of depression were made public just days after his death (and not just in the past few days).

It is very unfortunate the anguish that he must have been going through, and his situation has obviously touched you deeply.

Nevertheless I shall not apologise for pointing out that I had never heard of him. 

it's almost as if he couldn't help himself..which is very sad..so young, so talented and so tragic! With suicide the person makes a conscious choice? (and I always felt if they just held off for a few months they may have felt different) but to commit suicide because their damaged brain forces them to...is very disconcerting...

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
it's almost as if he couldn't help himself..which is very sad..so young, so talented and so tragic! With suicide the person makes a conscious choice? (and I always felt if they just held off for a few months they may have felt different) but to commit suicide because their damaged brain forces them to...is very disconcerting...

Some of the members of this forum, have been very open about their medical conditions, and described how there are times when, they just cannot stop themselves doing a particular thing, in spite of taking medication. Some people do find It very difficult to cope with mental conditions or illness.

Dave Mirras friends have mentioned that he had struggled with finding a purpose to life, once he retired from motorsport.

Sadly he was like many performers (sportsmen/women, actors, musicians, etc), who find it difficult to cope when they leave the public stage, and can no more experience the adrenilin/euphoria/applause etc, that helps to provide their daily motivation.

K

keeper of the quays

expat_mike said:

Some of the members of this forum, have been very open about their medical conditions, and described how there are times when, they just cannot stop themselves doing a particular thing, in spite of taking medication. Some people do find It very difficult to cope with mental conditions or illness.

Dave Mirras friends have mentioned that he had struggled with finding a purpose to life, once he retired from motorsport.

Sadly he was like many performers (sportsmen/women, actors, musicians, etc), who find it difficult to cope when they leave the public stage, and can no more experience the adrenilin/euphoria/applause etc, that helps to provide their daily motivation.  
well put..and I agree entirely with your comments..the article I read indicated that the condition somehow forced his hand? I think it must be difficult to change back to normality! That's the thing with hifi..you can fiddle about all day with it..and then listen to the music!!! A great distraction..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts