Dave HD

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Morning all.

Just noticed on Virgin a sign saying 'Dave HD coming soon'. Anyone know if this will be free to air or not?

Thanks.

Cliff.

daveh75

It won't be FTA. It's been testing off EPG on sat for a couple of weeks, and intertestingly at high bitrates (around 20 Mbps) and 1080p25.

It's due to launch tomorrow IIRC, along with Watch HD.

It's a pointless HD channel though, i really can't see there being much HD content.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i agree checked it out on sky all repeats and hardley any HD content watch HD launches today on sky another pointless channel all repeats and i expect hardley any hd content :wall:

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
3937edwards said:
i agree checked it out on sky all repeats and hardley any HD content watch HD launches today on sky another pointless channel all repeats and i expect hardley any hd content :wall:

But when watching Dave hd and watch hd,the standard def content does look sharper,well to my eyes it does anyway.
smiley-cool.gif

daveh75

There's more HD content than i thought there would be, not that i watch Dave much and haver never watched Watch.

According to UKTV, Dave HD has/will be showing Jo Brand's Big Splash, Shooting Stars, That Mitchell & Webb Look, Red Bull X-Fighters 2011, Man v. Food, QI XL, Not Going Out, Dragons' Den, Psychoville and Dave's One Night Stand in HD this week.

And Watch HD has Primeval, Dancing with the Stars, Who Do You Think You Are? USA, Striptease, Total Wipeout USA, Robin Hood, Sanctuary, Dynamo: Magician Impossible in HD

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
HD or not; free to air or not; Dave is a pointless, non-channel.

What about Dave+1? :)

In fairness to Dave, a large percentage of the other satellite channels consist of utter tripe as well.

I must confess, I do quite like QI so I watch that occasionally and I thought Compete for the Meat was hilarious.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts