Dali zensor 3

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I have to say how blown away I am with the Dali zensor 3's.these speakers have been out for years now and I just went on the web and they have gone up in price.i don't think that has ever happened in the speaker world as far as I know. Speakers always go down in price.some even in the first year.these are 3 years old and they have gone up. Incredible

insider9

I agree they are superb for the money. Very musical, great soundstage, rhythmic and with very nice scale. In fact if it wasn't for some coloration and if they'd used a metal dome I would probably still have them.

Surely you're not thinking about them as an upgrade? Are you?

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
but do like the look of them and the Dali range in general.

My old PMC Twenty 23's went up in price a little from the release price of £2300 to £2450... surely an indication of a good speaker.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
I agree they are superb for the money. Very musical, great soundstage, rhythmic and with very nice scale. In fact if it wasn't for some coloration and if they'd used a metal dome I would probably still have them.

No just can't believe they've gone up in price.I haven't ever none a speaker to go up. Aspecily when they are 3 years old

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Lots of goods will be going up in price due to Brexit and the continued weakness in the pound.
This is going to affect many goods we buy from abroad. Another Danish company Lego have recently announced they are putting up their prices for this reason.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Daz B said:
Lots of goods will be going up in price due to Brexit and the continued weakness in the pound. This is going to affect many goods we buy from abroad. Another Danish company Lego have recently announced they are putting up their prices for this reason.
Has the whole Dali range gone up then?

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
bdf123 said:
Daz B said:
Lots of goods will be going up in price due to Brexit and the continued weakness in the pound. This is going to affect many goods we buy from abroad. Another Danish company Lego have recently announced they are putting up their prices for this reason.
no just the Dali zensor 3's.Mite ask richer sounds.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
bdf123 said:
Daz B said:
As its just the 3's I see that as a reflection on the success of the speaker rather than anything to do with Brexit! Just my take, interesting though.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Daz B said:
Lots of goods will be going up in price due to Brexit and the continued weakness in the pound.
This is going to affect many goods we buy from abroad. Another Danish company Lego have recently announced they are putting up their prices for this reason.
yes that could be true but I am finding that alot of companies are putting there prices up and we haven't left yet.Jamie Oliver closed 6 restaurants the other day and he blamed britxit which I think is rubbish.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
bdf123 said:
seemorebtts said:
bdf123 said:
Fax B said:
As its just the 3's I see that as a reflection on the success of the speaker rather than anything to do with Brexit! Just my take, interesting though.
yes I think your right. Would love to know how many they've sold.what ever they have done you got to have big **** to put the price up.i take my hat off for you dali

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Daz B said:
yes that could be true but I am finding that alot of companies are putting there prices up and we haven't left yet.Jamie Oliver closed 6 restaurants the other day and he blamed britxit which I think is rubbish.

im with you on that. The stand off between Unilever and Tesco was a prime example of taking the P using Brexit as an excuse

seemorebtts said:
insider9 said:

No just can't believe they've gone up in price.I haven't ever none a speaker to go up. Aspecily when they are 3 years old
3 years is nothing. It is only marketing that changes speakers every couple of years. Then WHF get something to write about too! What improves is ways to mass produce them even more cheaply.

I'm sure they are worth their asking price. Look what happened when Marantz tweaked their best selling amp and cd from 6005 to 6006. Price went up to £399, but are now only £279 a few months later.

insider9

I've listened to RS standmount offering up to £320 back in July last year (6 months ago).

I didn't like anything until I heard Zensor 1 which I also wasn't keen on in the end. We're talking here award winners I didn't like. Namely 3 models from Q-Acouatics and Wharfedale 220. I did like MA Bronze 2 but it sounded slightly brighter and perhaps less musical than Zensor 3. In a way too refined for untrained ear. It felt as if they wouldn't suit as many types of music. Couldn't see myself blasting metal on these.

It might have been the choice of an amp but I had my heart set on Onkyo A9010. Demoed different ones but Onkyo sounded the best for the money.

Must add, at that point I was probably reflecting an average customer of RS. I wanted an entry point into hifi (let's call it that for now).

To put it in the context. This was after many years of not having a hobby. Getting back to music after 15 years was great. I didn't know much about the subject so didn't really want to spend much. In fact remember setting myself a £300 budget (amp+speakers) with the provision I will walk away if there's nothing that like.

With that in mind, Zensors sounded to me like music should. Engaging, rhythmic, musical. They'd perform rather well with majority of styles. I didn't pay much attention to true hifi aspects, neutrality being one.

To an untrained ear and someone who just want music playback Zensor3 + Onkyo A9010 with reasonable source will be more than they ever need. The fact that they sell for more than MA Bronze is the indication of just how popular they are.

I've ended up spending a third over my budget but went home with a grin on my face.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I just spoke to richer sounds and the don't know why they gone up but good old richer sounds said they would do them for £300 for me.your got to love them.im not buying them by the way

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Well I just spoke to richer sounds and the don't know why they gone up but good old richer sounds said they would do them for £300 for me.your got to love them.im not buying them by the way
No joke I got a brand new unopened pair last week from them for £260... I work in sales haha ;)

Garett

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since October 2013. Then they were up for £300 but the Richersounds VIP email had a £50 off on any speakers at £300 or more offer. Unbelievable value at that price, I went with a budget of £200, auditioned loads and these really stood out but couldn't justify the extra £100, a week later I got that voucher and bought them for £250.

They are my favourite part of my system and work really well with my Rotel RA-02 from the early noughties.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Garett said:
I've had mine since October 2013. Then they were up for £300 but the Richersounds VIP email had a £50 off on any speakers at £300 or more offer. Unbelievable value at that price, I went with a budget of £200, auditioned loads and these really stood out but couldn't justify the extra £100, a week later I got that voucher and bought them for £250.

They are my favourite part of my system and work really well with my Rotel RA-02 from the early noughties.

yes zensor 3's have a massive following.i had the opticon 6's totally understand why everyone loves Dali.

Garett

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
What amps does everyone drive these with? My little Rotel suits them really well, I did have a Marantz PM6005 briefly but it just didn't offer any great improvement over the Rotel so I kept the Rotel and sold the Marantz.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Garett said:
What amps does everyone drive these with? My little Rotel suits them really well, I did have a Marantz PM6005 briefly but it just didn't offer any great improvement over the Rotel so I kept the Rotel and sold the Marantz.
I had the marantz 6005 CD player which left me feeling cold .Not my cup of tea.rega has just released the new brio amp which got 5star review.i think this is going to be the amp for the zensor 3's

insider9

I run Onkyo A9010 with Zensors. Really good combo. Rhythmic, musical, lovely soundstage and good detail. Tried a few others but the Onkyo was a truly good match. Didn't like them with new Marantz amps though (vintage sounded much better).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts