DALI opticon vokal vs rubicore cinema

Have you heard them? Choosing a speaker setup for a home cinema system is just as important as choosing your speakers for a two-channel hi-fi system. The speakers have to work well in your room, be within the capabilities of your amplifier to drive and control them, and have a suitable presentation for movie soundtrack reproduction. Not all hi-fi loudspeakers are suitable for movies...

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
Have you heard them? Choosing a speaker setup for a home cinema system is just as important as choosing your speakers for a two-channel hi-fi system. The speakers have to work well in your room, be within the capabilities of your amplifier to drive and control them, and have a suitable presentation for movie soundtrack reproduction. Not all hi-fi loudspeakers are suitable for movies...
then how to proceed? what specification to watch out for

then how to proceed? what specification to watch out for
All depends if it's a living room based system or a dedicated install. There are manufacturers out there who provide Klippel data for their loudspeakers that show their in-room response, which helps build a better system (if you know how to read and use it). Information is needed though - room size, listening levels, how many seating rows, position of seating rows etc etc, and if there's any existing electronics which are going to be used or if it's a clean slate.

I see way too many installs from self proclaimed expert retailers and installers on forums and Facebook that are complete sh'tshows - these installs devalue the market and the very idea of expert installers. But because the finished room looks cool, everyone thinks it's a great install. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

Fandango Andy

Should i go with opticon vokal or rubicore cinema. My setup is dali opticon 2 mk2 x4800h and svs 2000 pro. Vokal will be enough for 11x11 room?
Your question really isn't clear, what do you have and what are you looking for?

I can see you have a sub. I'm guessing the "dali opticon 2 mk2 x4800h" are your front stereo speakers.

Are you looking for a centre speaker? If so start with manufacturers recommendation. You want a speaker that matches what you have. At very least with drivers made of the same material. The easy way to do this is have all speaker (except the sub) from the same range. But you can mix and match with some research and experimentation. Don't skimp on the centre speaker it's doing most of the heavy lifting in an AV setup when watching tv/movies.

11×11 room, if that is feet, it's a relatively small, you aren't going to have a problem filling it. Having said that filling the room isn't the same as sounding good! How many speakers do you have in the system. A decent AV setup needs 5.1 ideally 7.1 or 7.2. I am not familiar with what Dali offers but most av focused companies offer a full range, so you can have smaller, but matched speakers side and rear.

hardcore_gamer29

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
Your question really isn't clear, what do you have and what are you looking for?

I can see you have a sub. I'm guessing the "dali opticon 2 mk2 x4800h" are your front stereo speakers.

Are you looking for a centre speaker? If so start with manufacturers recommendation. You want a speaker that matches what you have. At very least with drivers made of the same material. The easy way to do this is have all speaker (except the sub) from the same range. But you can mix and match with some research and experimentation. Don't skimp on the centre speaker it's doing most of the heavy lifting in an AV setup when watching tv/movies.

11×11 room, if that is feet, it's a relatively small, you aren't going to have a problem filling it. Having said that filling the room isn't the same as sounding good! How many speakers do you have in the system. A decent AV setup needs 5.1 ideally 7.1 or 7.2. I am not familiar with what Dali offers but most av focused companies offer a full range, so you can have smaller, but matched speakers side and rear.
My room is bedroom only and not trated and deidcated ht room. Yes i have sony oled on tv unit then FLR are dali opticon 2 mk2 denon x4800h pansonic ub820. And i can only put center channel only inside tv unit i dont have space after installing subwoofer. see the image. i can only put it above the avr and there is no other optiob as space very limited. So dali opticon vokal is the cheapest option i have then dali rubikore cinema but i can also try svs prime or even ultra centre channel but will they blend well with opticon 2?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 1

TRENDING THREADS