dali opticon 6 speakers

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
anyone got the dali opticon 6 speakers on here i would be intrested in what you think of them . anyone who is looking for good quality speakers i recommend them to anyone who is looking to upgrade there speakers and well worth the money so next time you are having a demo done hearing a pair you will be amazed how good they are .

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I am enjoying mine. Improves on the Ikon 6 Mk2- I have both - which in turn beat the 683s, MA silver 6s and Tannoys. Others will disagree as we all have different tastes, rooms and priorities. Agree, a must listen at this price point.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
I am enjoying mine. Improves on the Ikon 6 Mk2- I have both - will disagree as we all have different tastes, rooms and priorities. Agree, a must listen at this price point.
which in turn beat the 683s, MA silver 6s and Tannoys i agree they do easy wipe the floor

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
This speakers use a ribbon Twitter and a normal Twitter in each speaker and 2 bass units in each the results are amazing a lot of detail , they go nise a low on the bass , keep up with fast music and if you want to sit back and mellow with some nice soft music the sound is so soft so refined and detailed and if you go the other end of the scale and listen to say a metal band you hear everything the bass drum sounds like a bass drum not fake or lose any control you hear the crashes and vocals have Wight to the vocals , no muddy sound even when you push them they are still keep things in control . This speakers have not been reviewed yet by whf I would be amazed if they give them 4 stars . They do take some running in an easy 150 hrs . They are seriously good speakers £1300 but worth every penny I will be keeping mine for life as I have never come across speakers like this before and I honestly recommend this speakers to anyone and wouth anyone's time in getting a demonstration done with this speakers

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
gasolin said:
Thompsonuxb said:
What's so good about them?

?

You only ask this question since you havn't heard them?

Lol... Why else would I ask?

Tell you the truth I've heard some speakers in demos that have had masses of praise and walked away thinking ugh!

Kef LS50's, kef rn500 (£1400) B&W CM8's to name a few......

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
gasolin said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Tell you the truth I've heard some speakers in demos that have had masses of praise and walked away thinking ugh!

it's only meant to help someone with some ideas who has a list of speakers to try when they go for a demo and use these speakers as a wild card it's good to try something different you might be surprised you never no

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot of respect for Dali speakers. They make some great products. Would love a set of Helicon 800's if I had a room that would do them justice.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
JMac said:
I have a lot of respect for Dali speakers. They make some great products. Would love a set of Helicon 800's if I had a room that would do them justice.
yes they are very nice them helicon speakers I watched a utube video of the Dali factory with them being made . My speakers are a new range that Dali have just got out they not been on the market long very well made very high standard

gasolin

Thompsonuxb said:
gasolin said:
Thompsonuxb said:

The sound of course, some speakers have a really good powerfull bass, some may be very natural even at high levels,i think you have to listen to a speaker to hear how good they sound, some speakers just sound good

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
For 20 years my floorstanders were Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE ( twice the price in 1995). WHiFi reference speakers in the 1990s and were made in Britain in those days. My only gripe was they only produced decent bass at higher volumes -usually not a problem in my last house. The Opticon 6s have much better bass quality even at low levels and as Blacksabbath reports, the top end is both detailed and refined. For the first time in years, I listened to The Wall (remastered cd) start to finnish. On tracks like Hey You which starts with delicate detail before hard hitting drums and bass kick in, the Opticons shine at both ends of the spectrum and the kick drum is felt in the chest and remains distinct from the bass guitar. I wonder how good the top of the Dali/marantz range would sound @ 5 times the price. All my opinion and to my ears as usual. It is impossible to listen to all of the excellent kit on the market so it is good to find a combo that satisfies.

det66

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I bought a pair after extensive listening and despite what the reviews say thay are better than the Tannoy XT6F XT8F and B&W 683 S2 and Monitor Audio Silver 8 IMHO. They do however respond to a powerful amplifier. I tried the Arcam A19/29/39 and did not like them, on any of the above. I tried the NAD 375BEE and that was very good but just pipped in my opinion by the Roksan K3 Amp. You really have to get out and listen because I fired up the recommended A29/B&W 683S2 combo and sat back and was underwhelmed, sl.soft and no punch and detail at topend and bottom good extensionbut not quite punchy enough. All I can say to people looking for speakers is believe your own ears not those of reviewers because they dont pursue a good combination they have their own favouites and hifi is abour synergies of equipment bringing out the sound potential. My wife was with me and sat through the same 3 CD's for hours not saying a lot until the Dali/Roksan was connected up and then both out eyes lit up...now you're talking. Tight powerful bass, beautiful midrange and incisive and extended top. Previosly the owner of an expensive set up I was determined to listen until I was satisfied and I did just that.

One of the demonstrators was desperate to sell me an Arcam A39 - I have one myself he said. More expensive but you must hear it. I was underwhelmed and he looked at me like I had cloth ears. Sorry the NAD 375BEE beats that I said. Then I got to hear the Roksan K3 and yes it was better then the NAD not by much but both seemed to be able to control the speakers better, the Roksan just a little more refined in the top and a little gutsier in the bass a bit more control. Either would be my choice. For the speakers no contest the Dali Opticon 6 are simply stunning, I cant believe anyone would choose another pair over them unless you hear them on inferior amplification.

The B&W 683S2 - very good with the NAD in the bass, less so at the top end, smooth but not so open. Poor with the Arcam A19 and the A29. The Monitor Audio Silver 8 lacking in real detail at the top and no real extension with the Arcam's. The B&W C8 also tried after the 683S2 and also a little confused at top and bottom end had grunt but less extension

Its all personal opinion, but I'm satisfied that when I start mine up I am 100% in love and satisfied. If you already have an amp take it with you try to find the best speaker for it (but dont forget to try either the NAD 375Bee or the Roksan K3 as comparisons.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
det66 said:
I bought a pair after extensive listening and despite what the reviews say thay are better than the Tannoy XT6F XT8F and B&W 683 S2 and Monitor Audio Silver 8 IMHO. They do however respond to a powerful amplifier. I tried the Arcam A19/29/39 and did not like them, on any of the above. I tried the NAD 375BEE and that was very good but just pipped in my opinion by the Roksan K3 Amp. You really have to get out and listen because I fired up the recommended A29/B&W 683S2 combo and sat back and was underwhelmed, sl.soft and no punch and detail at topend and bottom good extensionbut not quite punchy enough. All I can say to people looking for speakers is believe your own ears not those of reviewers because they dont pursue a good combination they have their own favouites and hifi is abour synergies of equipment bringing out the sound potential. My wife was with me and sat through the same 3 CD's for hours not saying a lot until the Dali/Roksan was connected up and then both out eyes lit up...now you're talking. Tight powerful bass, beautiful midrange and incisive and extended top. Previosly the owner of an expensive set up I was determined to listen until I was satisfied and I did just that.

One of the demonstrators was desperate to sell me an Arcam A39 - I have one myself he said. More expensive but you must hear it. I was underwhelmed and he looked at me like I had cloth ears. Sorry the NAD 375BEE beats that I said. Then I got to hear the Roksan K3 and yes it was better then the NAD not by much but both seemed to be able to control the speakers better, the Roksan just a little more refined in the top and a little gutsier in the bass a bit more control. Either would be my choice. For the speakers no contest the Dali Opticon 6 are simply stunning, I cant believe anyone would choose another pair over them unless you hear them on inferior amplification.

The B&W 683S2 - very good with the NAD in the bass, less so at the top end, smooth but not so open. Poor with the Arcam A19 and the A29. The Monitor Audio Silver 8 lacking in real detail at the top and no real extension with the Arcam's. The B&W C8 also tried after the 683S2 and also a little confused at top and bottom end had grunt but less extension

Its all personal opinion, but I'm satisfied that when I start mine up I am 100% in love and satisfied. If you already have an amp take it with you try to find the best speaker for it (but dont forget to try either the NAD 375Bee or the Roksan K3 as comparisons.
glad you like your dali opticon 6s they are really good speakers the best i have ever heard when i first had a demo with this speakers before i brought a pair and the man fired them up in the shop i knew in the first 20sec they were good . i now have the dali opticon 8s which i had a chance to upgrade too without losing any money they are the top of the range opticons which you get two 8'' bass drivers in each and a mid range driver they are big but they are also very good . yes you do need a powerful amp with this speakers to get the most out of them as they are 4ohm speakers i brought the Abrahamsen 2up amp which is powerful and gets most out of my speakers but kind of saving to run 2 Abrahamsen power amps and a pre so i can use them as mono blocks for each speaker as i think they are wouth it . yes i agree with you there are a lot of people who still chose the B&Ws and so on its there loss as i think the opticon range are cracking speakers *smile* but if your still looking for a really good amp I would recommend the abrahamsen as this amp is better the the roskin k3 amp for less money the abrahamsen has a 1000va power supply so this amp will cope with any speakers you run though the amp also you will get a much truer bass from the abrahamsen with no distortion all for £900 new . I highly recommend you check one out .

lukam30

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you on Dali Opticon 6.Thay are great speakers worth the money.I demoed Monitor Audio Silver 8,10 ,B&W 683s2 and Elac Speakers(I can not remember which one)but the optocon 6 where far the best IMO.If you can try them with Yamaha A-S2100 or A-S1100.I was so impressed with Dali/Yamaha combo that my next upgrade will be A-S2100.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Compactdisco said:
What about the Opticon 2 standmount? I haven't been able to find any reviews online.
as far as i am a were none of the opticon range have not been reviewed yet for some reason not sure why not . you would have to see for your self if they are any good and demo some *smile*

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Det66,

Glad you came to the same conclusion regarding the Opticon 6s. After 7 months of listening, I find myself immersed in the music and not fretting about the hifi. Job done. I did hear the excellent Rubicon 6s powered by Naim recently, including the new NAP250DR amp. I concurr with Lukam, the Yamaha or Luxman are probably a better match at that level. I'm more than happy with the Marrantz duo.

Just saw the review in WhatSoundbar. Hmm and they gave the B&W683s 5 stars? One wonders what electronics they used and I'm not familiar with any of the music except Chopin. They placed the speakers 3 meters apart, and to top it all, stated that they had a laquered cabinet. Obviously a discerning lot and easily pleased. Reviews are generally worthless.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
What Hifi have reviewed the Dali optcon 6s but only give the optcons a 4 star rating which I think is rubbish

1. We do not know what amp they used in the test and was the amp they used upto the job to get the most out of this speakers

2. Were they run- in probably

what Hifi say that the could be more delicate and refined and a bit expensive

Trust me this are very good speakers and anyone thinking of buying these will not be disappointed with the quality of the sound that you will get from them they are good as long as you have a good powerful amp that can manage 4ohms load then you will be ok with the results

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
What Hifi have reviewed the Dali optcon 6s but only give the optcons a 4 star rating which I think is rubbish

1. We do not know what amp they used in the test and was the amp they used upto the job to get the most out of this speakers

Trust me this are very good speakers and anyone thinking of buying these will not be disappointed with the quality of the sound that you will get from them they are good as long as you have a good powerful amp that can manage 4ohms load then you will be ok with the results

They used to use a
Gamut D3i/D200i Pre/power amplifier
which should be good enough. Generally its some high end neatral amp and maybe a more budget one as well. Also fully treated rooms which may suit some speakers more than others, as most speakers have been designed for untreated living rooms.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I am just a bit disappointed with there findings I had the opticon 6s for 3 or 4 months before going to the opticon 8s and find that they are a very good quality speaker which I know it's only my opinion here but there are others on this form that have brought this speakers and they love them and some say that they looked at the B&Ws speakers which are over priced and found that the opticon were better . Anyway it's only there opinion but that one star puts people off buying a really nice speakers that sound amazing

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
BigH said:
emperor's new clothes said:
They placed the speakers 3 meters apart

What's wrong with that, how far apart would you have them?
depends on how much room you have I guess but they tested them a meter away from the rear wall which Dali say 20 cm from the back wall as a minimum but the wider you put them then I guess you start losing focus of sound stage

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
BigH said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

They used to use a

Gamut D3i/D200i Pre/power amplifier

which should be good enough. Generally its some high end neatral amp and maybe a more budget one as well. Also fully treated rooms which may suit some speakers more than others, as most speakers have been designed for untreated living rooms.
I just looked up the Gamut D3i /D200i pre/ power amplifier that lot is £15000 ! I so wish I could win the lottery and buy one they are so nice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts