Dali opticon 6 / 8s

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Those Dali Menuet are tiny speaker, thay can't deliver when it comes to rock music, they are may sound okay for classic music or pop music, not rock (pink floyd,deep purple,metallica,black sabbath Queen)

[/quote]

The Point was to pick to high quality speakers that proberly sit at opposite ends of the spectrum that where a closer price match to the amp.

Those tiny menuets may supprise you if you ever hear them , I had the orginal version may years ago , although I did eventually add a REL Stadium sub to them.

James

Compactdisco

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a pair of Dali Zensor 3 speakers. I think they have a punchy/rich sound that I enjoy a lot. Do you think the Opticon line shares the same sonic features? Thanks.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Compactdisco said:
I have a pair of Dali Zensor 3 speakers. I think they have a punchy/rich sound that I enjoy a lot. Do you think the Opticon line shares the same sonic features? Thanks.
no not the same the opticon speakers are a lot better i used to have the dail zensor 3s myself .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Compactdisco said:
Thanks. How different they are vs. the Zensors? Laid back sound? Forward/punchy sound? Thank you.
it depends on which opticons you want to compare the Zensors too ? The 6s and 8s are different from each other the 6s & 8s are both floorstanding speakers the Zensor 3s are book shelf speakers .

so cabinet size for a start and the use of a hybrid twin tweeters in both models and one of them is a ribbon tweeter that is used in both models .

both bi wiring , the 6s uses a smaller cabinet then the 8s and the 8s will go down to a lower frequency then the 6s and The 8s uses 2 large bass drivers on each speaker where the opticon 6 only uses the one bass driver so between the 6s & 8s there are differences between them but both very good speakers what ever one you choose .

Sound wise I would say they are both well refined speakers there more punch in the bass then there is with the opticon 6 the 8s has a bigger sound stage then the 6s but then it's a smaller speaker the 8s are the flagship opticons in the range .

So this is why I say the Zensor 3s are nothing like the opticons 6s & 8s .

are you asking if the Zensor 3s are like the opticon 1s ? Because I have no experience with the opticon 1s so I could not say but I did start off with the Zensor 3s which are a good little speaker for the money .

Compactdisco

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Opticon 5 vs 6? I suspect the Opticon 6 would have deeper bass given its bigger cabinet but other than that, would soundstage and imaging be the same given same driver size (6.5inch)?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Compactdisco said:
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Opticon 5 vs 6? I suspect the Opticon 6 would have deeper bass given its bigger cabinet but other than that, would soundstage and imaging be the same given same driver size (6.5inch)?
I would recommend the 6s if your interested in buying opticons .

Your amp will play a part in the Soundstage and imaging .

i am not sure if it was you who asked about what kind of sound they give ... Again this comes down to amp as well the opticons are a 4ohm speaker so you would need a good amp to get the most out of the opticons . I felt that the opticons were very detailed and smooth sounding and you can have very good soundstage good top end and low end . But I found to get the very best out of opticons your got to have the right amp to do this I changed my amp 2 times before I got the very best out of them . Yes the 2 other amps that I had worked with the opticons ok and sounded ok but when I changed to the Yamaha S-2100 I was blown away I was getting a massive soundstage a very good top end better on the lower end and a 3D type sound coming from my speakers and I was right in my thinking that the other 2 amps that I had were not getting the best possible sound out of the opticons . I just felt that when I first got the opticons I was onto a winner and I still believe that this speakers are top notch .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts