Dali Opticon 2

Dom

Arrived at Richer Sounds Brighton and asked about stand mount speakers. He asked me about budget, at which point the guy took no time in showing me the Dali Opticon 2's as his favourite speaker in the price range. My budget is between £500 to £1000. These are £650.

I'm going to get a demonstration once my amp arrives back at the store.

My room dimensions are about 2.5m by 2.5m or less. My sitting position is in the center of the room. As I believe the Mezzo 6's are too close to me. The sound can be a bit full on.

So my intentions is to replace them with stand mounts.

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
My listening room is 2m x 2m and have been considering the Dali Opticon 2.
I lookfoward to your opinion on these speakers

Dom

Thank you.

giphy.gif

Bruno

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I also had a demo (Richer sounds London). Richer staff might be getting decent commission to push these speakers but in all fairness, they sound absolutely amazing. They blow the similar priced B&Ws out of the water... just my humble opinion.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Bruno said:
I also had a demo (Richer sounds London). Richer staff might be getting decent commission to push these speakers but in all fairness, they sound absolutely amazing. They blow the similar priced B&Ws out of the water... just my humble opinion.
to be fair to richer sounds the Dali opticon range are very good I brought my opticon 6s floorstanding speakers from them and 3 months later I had a chat with one of the guys in richer sounds and said I wished I had got the opticon 8s now and the guy said well if you still have the boxes you can change them for the opticon 8s if you like . I snapped his hand off anyway I have not heard the opticon 2s as I wanted floorstanders but guessing that the opticon 2s would be good too for a book shelf speaker ?

Most of the guys in richer sounds like this speakers them selfs well I know they do near the store near me because the chap who sold me the opticon 8s brought my opticon 6s of me and most of the guys in the shop wanted to buy this them selfs of one of the opticon range speakers in the range mainly the opticon 6s which are very popular

Compactdisco

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Did you have the chance to compare the Opticon 2 vs. the Dali Zensor 3? The latter is getting great reviews but I wonder if the Opticon 2 is a significant sonic improvement. Price of the Opticon 2 is twice as much as ghe Zensor 3 in the US.

Thanks

Dom

Compactdisco said:
Did you have the chance to compare the Opticon 2 vs. the Dali Zensor 3? The latter is getting great reviews but I wonder if the Opticon 2 is a significant sonic improvement. Price of the Opticon 2 is twice as much as ghe Zensor 3 in the US.

Thanks

The Opticon's are great speakers, but I didn't audition the Zensor 3.

manix

May 31, 2016
Visit site
At less than 2.5 x 2.5m it would be probably worth trying out the Dali Menuet if your budget is up to £1000. They should be a reasonable step-up from the opticon's and fully worth the extra outlay. Strangely their bass isn't bad at all considering the size.

Timo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I recently auditioned KEF's LS50 and Dynaudio's Excite X14 in a direct comparison. I much preferred the Dynaudio speakers (800 GBP) -- great midrange, beautiful C6 (did a really good job with Allegri's Miserere -- not an easy one!) and surprisingly good bass. Unfortunately the shop didn't have any Opticons. I will audition these soon.

But back to Dynaudio Excite, they are rather compact. So I wonder whether they would work well in your room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts