Dali mentor menuets Rega Biro R

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
More info would be good. What styles of music do you generally listen to? Room size, maximum budget.... and all that jazz. :)

Even I didn't know there were speaker cables for different room sizes. ;)

dan323

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I generally listen to laid back stuff, folk and upplugged rock the main.

The room is around 5 x 4m.

Budget max around £20 per metre.

I currently have some 4mm copper non branded and at times the sound feels a little warm which is what i would like to improve on.

I have no interest in changing other elements which are Rega Dac and Apollo R connected to amp via Chord Chorus.

dan323

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I currently have some 4mm copper non branded and at times the sound feels a little warm which is what i would like to improve on.

I have no interest in changing other elements which are Rega Dac and Apollo R connected to amp via Chord Chorus.

dan323

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
More info would be good. What styles of music do you generally listen to? Room size, maximum budget.... and all that jazz. :)

Even I didn't know there were speaker cables for different room sizes. ;)

Darn computer. It's taking me at least 10 minutes to go thru loggin in to post and reply. I'm losing the will to live. :poke:

Apologies to the OP.

dan323 said:
Don't worry it could be worse like 3 identical posts:wall: :clap:

Back on track (I hope).

I'm pretty limited when it comes to speaker cables, namely Chord. If you want to give your system a kick up the jacksy try Odyssey 2. It's a silver cable that's very revealing - in cable terms - but with all cables IMHO, and unless you splash out huge amounts, it'll only give you smallish tonal differences.

You'll need to take your kit along to a dealer and try a couple of different brands and see which gives you the uplift you're looking for.

(Better late than never, PP :pray: )

dan323

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I am not keen on splashing out a huge amount as i do not think the system is worth it, or are you suggesting otherwise? I thought £20 per metre was not a bad amount.

When I bought the system i listened to the A5 which i felt was worth the difference to the silverscreen also tested. the A5 will be on the list and perhaps the linn but pracitically is running through my head!

Thanks for the info

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
dan323 said:
I am not keen on splashing out a huge amount as i do not think the system is worth it, or are you suggesting otherwise? I thought £20 per metre was not a bad amount.

When I bought the system i listened to the A5 which i felt was worth the difference to the silverscreen also tested. the A5 will be on the list and perhaps the linn but pracitically is running through my head!

Thanks for the info

- You need to listen to cables at various prices.....and choose according to VFM.

- I personally prefer to avoid silver plated cables.

- Linn K20 is good value.

- Another brand to check out is Atlas.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Brio R is a very sensible amp regardering cabling. I don't know about Dali speakers, but with my Dyns and Rega Brio R i had to run away from Silver plated cables, it was to bright with this combo.

Coper cables was the answer to balance things and give the final touch to this combo, enabling to became a magical one!

If Dali speakers play in the same league (revealing, neutral) as the Dynaudios Excite X12 maybe this is the way to go.

Best REGArds

antskip

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Choice of speaker cable in every case contributes to the sound result of an audio system, just as all components do. The Rega Brio-R, as has been mentioned already above, is very responsive/revealing of different speaker cables, along with other components. And as has also been suggested, the TQ Blue is a quality low-cost speaker cable that should cool/sooth a too-warm/sharp sound. Ideally you should buy a set from a supplier who is happy to exchange them if you don't like the sound they help to produce. (In practice, this usually means buying a set of equal lengths)

TRENDING THREADS