Dali lektor 1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently posted about buying some new speaker's for my pc based system, i need a small pair of speaker's for close listening, 1m ( ish), i was thinking the dali lektor 1's might be a good bet to replace my q acoustic 2010's, this would also leave some pocket change to buy a musical fidelity v-psu 2 for my dac, my budget is 400-500 pound's, im just trying to workout what the best upgrade would be....

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I really like the sound of my Dali Lektor 2's. Not heard the 1's though. I think they would be an upgrade to the 2010's but can't be sure considering the 2010's just won hifi choice 2011 award.

You can easily place the lektors on the wall like I have done in the past, being front ported they work well in this situation, if your space is limited.

What about the Quad L11 classics?

If you are really going to be listening at that close a range I would suggest you track down a second hand pair of Amphion speakers (Ion or their other small near-field monitor - the name of which escapes me at the moment.)

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you should either upgrade the speakers and/or the DAC.

I have the Lektor 1s (on the end of a Sugden Mystro amp and V-dac/psu/link). They're great for near field listening, on or close to the wall, and unfussy about placement. The Lektor 1 definitely benefits from quality sources and amps.

£500+ could also get you a seriously good DAC. Speaking from experience, I'm not sure I'd sink too much cash into the MF v-series, though it does a fine job for a £200 DAC. The v-psu is an improvement, but if you suspect that in the long run you're not going to be happy with the v-dac, IMHO you're better off stepping up to a better DAC than trying to improve a budget one.

Since your system is fairly portable, why not take it all down to a dealer who stocks the Lektor 1's and listen with these, and compare with some other hi-end speakers and/or DACs/sources?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I used the Lektor 1 speakers in the past. They are great speakers but I use the Zensor 1 now and they are even better than the (more expensive) Lektor 1.

The Zensor 1 is an amazing speaker..........so much detail and very musical.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the reply's, i am going to get down to demo some speaker's soon, will post on what i come home with and how they sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts