Dali Ikon 1 speakers

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I've seen the Ikon ,mk1 i think it said, for £299 can't find many reviews on them & can't get to listen to them,anyone have them or listened to them.

A

Anonymous

The ikon 2's got 5 star, so would have thought the 1's would be around the same.

I have heard they are great speakers.

I only have the Ikon vokal centre, amazing quality and sound it good as well, very well built, but have not heard the bookshelves.

Supposidly the ribbon tweeter is amazing

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I've also been thinking of maybe getting the vocal centre,how is it with dialogue,if i do get them i'll move my MS 902i s & replace my MS centre,use the 902s as surround speakers till i can replace them with Dalis,at least thats the plan.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I suspect it us you have seen at this price so my opinion is a little bias. The Ikon 1's really are a great speaker though - the ribbon tweeter gives them a glorious sound that helped them hold their own at the original £500 price point. Plenty of detail but not in a forced way and a surprising amount of controlled bass. You will see a big step up over your MS's

A

Anonymous

Cliff1:
I've also been thinking of maybe getting the vocal centre,how is it with dialogue,if i do get them i'll move my MS 902i s & replace my MS centre,use the 902s as surround speakers till i can replace them with Dalis,at least thats the plan.

I got the vokal 1 in RS for 99.00...... New... Yes lucky me, it was a vip deal a week ago.

First I thought the centre was no better than my cheap diamond 9cc that I paid 50.00, so I was not impressed.

But then I remembered leave to break in, so waited days, and it started to sing.

Very clear vocals, and I am not turning up my stereo now, as the 9cc was almost like a muffle sound.

I might be selling it though, as got my eye on some b&w 685 and also second hand RS6's so might want to buy a matching centre. as you can see from my specs, the speakers are a bit of a mess right now

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Yes it was your w.site that i'd seen them,the price seemed great considering what they were priced at originally,think i might grab a pair.What is the vocal centre like, with dialogue in particular.

Thanks

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Canada

Good to hear that the dialogue is clear.My MS is sometimes difficult to pick up dialogue,have to mess with the centre volume.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The vokal centre is good. If you can try to hunt down a Vokal 2 as it has the ribbon tweeter on it and matches very well with the rest of the Ikon range. It is not small but does deliver.

A

Anonymous

got one for £79 from Richer Sounds leicester yesterday . VIP email came wednesday .

breaking it in now , but already sounds good .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts