Dali Ikon 1 mk2 & Roksan K2 amp

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Anybody using the Kandy K2 amp with Dali Ikon l mk2?

I've been enjoying the Kandy K2 combo with my Dali Lektor 2's but feel a speaker upgrade would get more from the Roksan amp & CD. I'll soon be demoing the Ikon's at my local RS. I did hear the Roksan TR5 speakers as this seemed an obvious choice. Nice clear treble but physically a quite large for my 4m x 4m bedroom.

I'm not particularly after speakers with ribbon HF tweeters it's just that I'm a Dali fan and the Ikon is the next step up from the Lektor range. Any help appreciated.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Danrv,

in my experience, the Ikon speakers are very good value for money, however, I always found the Ikon 1 series to be more of a surround effect speaker rather than a front. Mid and tops would be ok, but I think you'd lack some bass punch. Might be worth saving a bit more and try to get Ikon 2's instead. Or better yet, see if you can find a good deal on the Ikon 2 Mk1, they were considered to be a cut above the Mk2.

Out of interest, how do you find the Kandy K2 kit? Considering the K2 integrated + power combination.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The bass on my Lektors is nice and deep. I noticed that straight away when i swapped to the Kandy amp from a Rotel RA-01. I was thinking that the bass on the Ikon 1 mk2 would be similar as it has the same size speaker.

The K2 amp is a cracker. Bags of power and smooth delivery. Getting great midrange from my Lektors and the annoying sibilance has gone since I swapped amps.

The K2 intergrated and power combo would be awesome I reckon.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I have owned Dali Ikon 1 MK1 for the last 2 years and I have been very happy with them. I had many speakers before and these are the ones which I liked the best. The last ones I had before the Ikon 1s were the B&W 685 and I prefered the Ikons much better. The bass may be limited compared to other speakers but still goes down to 40Hz and it is quite impresive for the size of this speakers. The high frequency is just so nice and transparent that you can hear every single detail. It is the type of speaker that you are afraid of replacing because there is hight probability that you will make it worse instead of improving.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I need to AB test them against my Lektors so I think a home demo is the best bet. I'm sure they'd be an improvment ,good though that the Lektors are. Wouldn't want them any brighter though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts