DALI Hifi/Home Theatre... How important are rear speakers?

just1more

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Starting from scratch for a hi fi/home theatre set up. I think we might go with the DALI Epicon 6 for the fronts. A bit pricier than we had in mind but I want a decent front speaker for hifi.

Now the salesman states that for surround it would be best to stay hi end...As in DALI Epicon 2s for the rears...Ok....but they're $5'000 a pair in their own right...the Epicon center speaker is about $4'400...So $9'400...

Now by going down to the Rubicon series for rear & center it's $4'000 ($2'000 rear, $2'000 center)...

From my understanding a pricier center is worth it? Do rears function in such a manner as to warrant a high end speaker?

Thanks in advance.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
just1more said:
Hi all,

Starting from scratch for a hi fi/home theatre set up. I think we might go with the DALI Epicon 6 for the fronts. A bit pricier than we had in mind but I want a decent front speaker for hifi.

Now the salesman states that for surround it would be best to stay hi end...As in DALI Epicon 2s for the rears...Ok....but they're $5'000 a pair in their own right...the Epicon center speaker is about $4'400...So $9'400...

Now by going down to the Rubicon series for rear & center it's $4'000 ($2'000 rear, $2'000 center)...

From my understanding a pricier center is worth it? Do rears function in such a manner as to warrant a high end speaker?

Thanks in advance.

don't need such an exepsnive rear speaker..in my opinion! i'd say $750 is fine compared to 2000, personally if we are talking dollars, i'd spend $400 or so..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts