DACs, docks and iPods

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can an iPod connected to an Onkyo ds-a2x dock be connected to a Beresford DAC and then to an Onkyo 605?

Would I hear much of an improvement with the inclusion of the DAC?

I will be using Apple lossless format.

28marcus

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Strodo,You don't say what kind of Ipod you have or intend to buy. The Ipod 5G for example has a very good DAC on it (Wolfson), much better in fact than the current Ipod Classic and ITouch.

ÿIf you have one of these or others then there are upgrades that can help.

ÿ

For more details see www.redwineaudio.com. They have a dealer in the UK and in Europe.ÿ

Regards,

Markÿ

A

Anonymous

Actually, it is possible to get a digital signal out of an Ipod. You'll need the 170iTransport Dock, made by Wadia Digital. This product is quite new and I'm hoping to see a review on What Hifi soon, because it would mean that ipod finally enters the world of hifi...

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the info guys.
It is as I thought, I just wanted to check.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
antipode:
Actually, it is possible to get a digital signal out of an Ipod. You'll need the 170iTransport Dock, made by Wadia Digital. This product is quite new and I'm hoping to see a review on What Hifi soon, because it would mean that ipod finally enters the world of hifi...

Reviewed on p89 of our current (October) issue, on sale now. Review should be up here online in next couple of weeks.

TRENDING THREADS