DacMagic Invert Phase, how to tell?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have been getting to know my DacMagic and am very happy with it. I can also see the benefits of having different phase options, I use different settings for different music.

But my question is, HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED TO INVERT THE PHASE? I know what it does through other topics on the forum, but can someone tell me if and when I would need to use it?

I inverted it and I could see on a kick drum that the speaker was reflexing the opposite way... but I don't think you are supposed to be able to tell if it's the correct phase by sight as the speaker moves too fast.

Also all my connections on my equipment are correct.

John Duncan

I couldn't tell the difference, tbh, so just leave it off. Seem to recall the Cambride CEO it should either be on or off depending on your system (as it can introduce phase inversion of itself) rather than music, but I might have misread that - have a dig for his comments.

A

Anonymous

If you like what you hear from your speakers in the first place turn your brain off and sink into what you paid for in the first place.

A

Anonymous

Octopo:If you like what you hear from your speakers in the first place turn your brain off and sink into what you paid for in the first place.

I like what I hear, but there's room for improvement, and I like to know about, and get the best out of what I have...

A

Anonymous

So you like what you hear?

[Edit: are you talking about headphones now?]ÿ

A

Anonymous

Octopo:
So you like what you hear?

[Edit: are you talking about headphones now?]

No! My system!

Still have not got any closer to an answer here...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts