dacmagic. balanced or rca connection?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I just bought a pair of B&W CM7's to go with my new lyngdorf amp and im LOVING the combo
emotion-1.gif
The lyngdorf has a balanced input thingy and so does the dacmagic, but is it really worth it? I got some good regular rca cables that i can use and if balanced cables doesnt bring that much to the table other than a placebo effect ill save my cash. Im already 2k over budget because I had no intention of upgrading at all until i got the amp and speakers this week. Gonna run down to the store tomorrow to pick up the dacmagic and would love to have some forum input before i ask the guys at the shop.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
joestone:
Hello

I just bought a pair of B&W CM7's to go with my new lyngdorf amp and im LOVING the combo
emotion-1.gif
The lyngdorf has a balanced input thingy and so does the dacmagic, but is it really worth it? I got some good regular rca cables that i can use and if balanced cables doesnt bring that much to the table other than a placebo effect ill save my cash. Im already 2k over budget because I had no intention of upgrading at all until i got the amp and speakers this week. Gonna run down to the store tomorrow to pick up the dacmagic and would love to have some forum input before i ask the guys at the shop.

I would definitely use XLR as you can. I'm also sure they will say the same at RS. Don't buy from them though. You will get better value elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

RS?

Im in norway so i dont know what that is. I know the store sells some XLR cables from Van Den Hul but they cost.... 2300£. No that was not a typo, so if i do get some XLR cables i will buy them online. I have no idea what to look for and how cheap i could get them without buying rubbish.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
joestone:
RS?

Im in norway so i dont know what that is. I know the store sells some XLR cables from Van Den Hul but they cost.... 2300£. No that was not a typo, so if i do get some XLR cables i will buy them online. I have no idea what to look for and how cheap i could get them without buying rubbish.

Sorry, I thought that you were in the UKvand you can only buy in Richer Sounds.

A

Anonymous

Contact these guys:

http://avaccessoryshop.co.uk/

AV Accessoryshop

445 Holburn Street

Aberdeen, AB10 7GU

Tel :+44(0)1224 585771

e-mail info@avaccessoryshop.co.uk

They're right next door to, and somehow affiliated to a greater or lesser extent with Holburn Hifi who are right next door. You'll get good advice as the owner is a major hifi buff, but being a Scot, doesn't like parting with his money for no benefit
emotion-5.gif

They should be able to give you better prices than in Norway and given the regular Aberdeen - Stavanger flights carrying the mail, delivery should be as quick, if not quicker, than buying in Norway also.

A

Anonymous

In Norway, you would get decent XLR cables to a decent price from dynaBel or Ljudia. Or you could buy Supra cable from dynaBel and Neutrik plugs from ELFA, solder them yourself, and get de luxe cables for the same price.

With XLR plugs you'll get tight and stable connections even with inexpensive cables, and that's what counts. The cable between the plugs aren't that important (unless you believe in the hi-fi fairies).

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Fahnsen:
In Norway, you would get decent XLR cables to a decent price from dynaBel or Ljudia. Or you could buy Supra cable from dynaBel and Neutrik plugs from ELFA, solder them yourself, and get de luxe cables for the same price.

With XLR plugs you'll get tight and stable connections even with inexpensive cables, and that's what counts. The cable between the plugs aren't that important (unless you believe in the hi-fi fairies).

nonsense

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Fahnsen:In Norway, you would get decent XLR cables to a decent price from dynaBel or Ljudia. Or you could buy Supra cable from dynaBel and Neutrik plugs from ELFA, solder them yourself, and get de luxe cables for the same price.

So the different cable architecture doesn't exist, then?

A

Anonymous

And now ive added the dacmagic to my setup
emotion-1.gif

LOL a week ago i was contemplating if i wanted to upgrade my system with a nad 326 amp and b&w 686 speakers.... what have i done :D My wallet is crying but my ears are laughing
emotion-46.gif

TRENDING THREADS