RLR

Sep 17, 2024
Visit site
The DAC as an audio chain is a difficult subject to conclude. I am the new user of RME ADI 2 FS. I have connected the analogue out thru XLR to my parasound preamp s analogue in.
Two Quad mono blocks are used for hifi. After lots of reading tbe exhaustive manual I set the parameters in RME and now I m really happy that this DAC is a good value for a hifi entbisiast. And the sound is far superior as compared to normal systems with digital inputs. RME has lots of controls to tweak to your likes and can be used as a preamp or as a DAC it works and gives music a new level of details A good value addition. Any comments welcome.

Roog

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had mind for several years, I use it as a DAC /volume control feeding directly into my power amp in my digital only system.

I bought the RME for its feature set which include clever volume control, EQ and parametric EQ which I use for basic room correction based on the findings of REW software which I have run 'off line' to gather the behavior of my room with my speakers and created a filter to correct for an annoying bass peak. Its easy to turn this filter* on or off on the press of a button on the remote control.

*I have three alternative filters set up, each deal with more of the issues noted in REW. I tend to use the simple filter or none if the music played has little deep bass.

I am still contemplating using DIRAC, but this will require the change of a significant amount of my system hardware. Until then, I shall stick with my RME.

Edit: I should have bought the pro version which has an analogue input.

RLR

Sep 17, 2024
Visit site
The pro version has analogue out put. Yes. I m not clear as to how one can use the rme software to adjust for room correction. Is it to be downloaded separately. And connected from laptop to the rme. ? Or it operates thru remote control. ?
Analogue inputs are useful if you do mixing or a turn table. I don’t. I m just a CD and streaming listener. I realise that RME gives all the frequencies of recordings as faithfully as possible Bass is intact. In any case there is EQ to play around. Hope this clarifies my point Thx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts