Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
its been a long long while Im lost in the audio world but I have picked up a Rega brio-R for my in-wall focals and now Im looking for a DAC which will be the Cambridge. My problem is there only seems to be two inputs but how can that be I have a satillite reciever which is (1) blu ray player (2) Apple TV (3)....now all three of those are via HDMI into my Sony Z series. Thats three inputs and I want a squeeze box that would be 4. What am I missing here guys am I able to go from my Optical out on my TV into the DAC with my 3 sources now leaving one directly for the squeeze box? How do you guys/girls do it with a gameing device blu ray CD player Apple tv when theres only two inputs?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Do you intend using the DAC as your music source? If so I urge you to get a rega DAC if funds allow.

The rega DAC has 1 USB, 2 optical 2 coax inputs 5 inputs in total, how many does the dacmagic have?

apple TV an be connected optically, squeezebox coaxial

does your satellite/games conole have digital output optical/coaxial?

you need to buy a DAC with the inputs you need obviously cheaper DACs come with less inputs

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
The DacMagic before the 100 & the plus has 2 optical 2 coax & USB inputs.

also has balanced as well as unbalanced these can be gotten for around £150 now.

not that I am saying rdac or madcap and the like army as good or better its just a lot less expensive now.

hope this helps?

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replys, I thought I could go optical out from my TV which has my satillite, blu ray, and apple TV via hdmi fed into it. If I cant do that then I will need that Rega piece. Im really lost with the lack of inputs on DACS now a days since most people have a CD, gaming blu ray apple tv squeeze box and or PC/ mac as sources.

nads

Mike_Schmidt said:
Thanks for the replys, I thought I could go optical out from my TV which has my satillite, blu ray, and apple TV via hdmi fed into it. If I cant do that then I will need that Rega piece. Im really lost with the lack of inputs on DACS now a days since most people have a CD, gaming blu ray apple tv squeeze box and or PC/ mac as sources.

but as DACs only deal with 2 channel music why would you really want to connect multi channel players? would they not be better used with a multi channel AV set up? is there really any benefit of feeding a downmixed 2 channel mix into a DAC?

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
so going optical out from my TV into a dac wont slove my problem hey? I know your right with a dac being for 2 channel sound but since this is all I have for now I was hoping to get the most out of my blu ray apple tv and squeeze box for now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts