DAC for Audeze LCD-2 & Schiit Mjolnir

FredrikT92

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

This is my first topic here! I've just recently gotten into head-fi. I had a Burson The Conductor with my LCD-2s, but decided to sell it cause I wanted more fun & powerful sound. Ended up buying a Schiit Mjolnir, and now I need a DAC! I'm using my PC which only has USB and Toslink output.
If it helps, I listen to alot of electronics music, also some rock and indie. Good bass is importent, i'd prefer a more neutral( towards warm)sounding DAC.

The DAC's I have in mind are Arcam irDAC, Hegel HD11 and Hegel HD20.

What would you guys recommend?

Thank You
Best Regards
Fredrik.T

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed the dark lands outside, working to perfect the best amplification devices in the world... Or, well, no. Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!" And now that we have your attention...

http://schiit.com/

Oh, you were referring to Audeze...

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi FredrikT92,

If you have the budget I recommend having a listen to the Wyred for Sound DAC2. It has an asynchronous USB which may come in useful for you. Do a quick google and read some reviews on it. It's a few years old now but still sounds brilliant. I'd describe the sound as neutral/transparent meaning I don't feel it 'colours' the sound particularly. I would say the LCD-2s edge towards a warm sound so put them together and it should give you the type of sound you're after.

It sounds excellent with pretty much everything I've thrown at it.

Hope this helps

FredrikT92

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, ill check Wyred 4 sound out!

I talked with a local dealer who sells their own made high end speakers/amplifiers(which sounds extremly good by the way), they claim the Arcam is the best DAC under 1250 euro, and thats its no point in buying a more expensive DAC now that DSD etc is coming up and its more competitiv in the DAC market now. Whats your guys opinion on that?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi FredrikT92

I've not listened to any DACs with DSD capability but I do know that the new Wyred for Sound DAC has this. The new DAC is basically an upgraded version of the DAC2 but retails for the same price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts