Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Depends upon the bit rate; for example, streaming at 128kbs uses 46mb per hour.

I have a Pure Evoke-1S hooked up to my hi-fi and it is very, very good indeed; rock solid reception and exceptional sound quality. Aesthetically it may not be what you're looking for but for around £85 I find it faultless. Have the radio by my bed hooked up with a 3m lead so it's not physically part of the system so to speak.

A

Anonymous

We also use our Evoke with the stereo we just move from the kitchen were it lives plug it in and use speaker out. It works a treat and saves buying more bandwidth or going over and getting charged, wha with spotify it's easy to do.
Nick

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Nick21:We also use our Evoke with the stereo we just move from the kitchen were it lives plug it in and use speaker out. It works a treat and saves buying more bandwidth or going over and getting charged, wha with spotify it's easy to do. Nick

I've found the Evoke's (Mine's the 1S) Speaker Out doesn't mute the internal speaker (and almost as annoying, has a variable rather than fixed output). I have to use the headphone out and ramp up the volume. Not a problem in itself, but I just question why they bothered fitting a stereo out in the first place.

I agree with the others though. Sounds great through my Hi-Fi. I bought the chargepak so I don't have to worry about mains power when I take it out of the kitchen, where it lives most of the time.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris:I've found the Evoke's (Mine's the 1S) Speaker Out doesn't mute the internal speaker (and almost as annoying, has a variable rather than fixed output). I have to use the headphone out and ramp up the volume. Not a problem in itself, but I just question why they bothered fitting a stereo out in the first place.
You're not connecting to the external socket intended for the auxiliary speaker are you? I believe pressing the volume control mutes the radio, don't know if that also mutes the line out.

Sizzers:Depends upon the bit rate; for example, streaming at 128kbs uses 46mb per hour.56MB.
emotion-5.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Crocodile:Big Chris:I've found the Evoke's (Mine's the 1S) Speaker Out doesn't mute the internal speaker (and almost as annoying, has a variable rather than fixed output). I have to use the headphone out and ramp up the volume. Not a problem in itself, but I just question why they bothered fitting a stereo out in the first place. You're not connecting to the external socket intended for the auxiliary speaker are you? I believe pressing the volume control mutes the radio, don't know if that also mutes the line out.

Nah. It's definitely the stereo out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts