DAB Roof Aerial

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Denon DM-37. Use it alot for listeneing to Dab radio. How much better would a rooftop aerial be? Anybody out there got one and roughly how much are they? Merry Xmas everybody!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
What are you using at the moment? I assume a length of wire. You could try splitting your TV aerial feed and connecting to your DM37. Most TV aerials are wideband enough to pick up the DAB signals pretty well. Works just fine for me, but a lot depends on how good your reception is.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
8009514:What are you using at the moment? I assume a length of wire. You could try splitting your TV aerial feed and connecting to your DM37. Most TV aerials are wideband enough to pick up the DAB signals pretty well. Works just fine for me, but a lot depends on how good your reception is.

Would then also apply for FM as well, i.e. TV aerial being used for FM??

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:

Would then also apply for FM as well, i.e. TV aerial being used for FM??

Well for FM you might get away with it. Worked for me, but I have some really good signal levels from my aerial. DAB is broadcast at about 220MHz which most wideband TV areials can pick up..

FM, however is down at 88 - 108MHz which really is outside the design of a TV aerial. It worked for me though so no harm in trying.

A

Anonymous

I have connected my Onkyo to my freeview tv aerial and it works perfectly - well as perfectly as DAB ever gets. Can't pull off the same trick with FM, as it needs a different type of aerial.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts