DAB Radio reception in South Wales?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
You can use the DAB Radio postcode search to find out which stations you should receive in your area. You may have to move the radio around the house to find the best place for DAB reception - I don't get universally good reception in every room at home, and that's in south west London.

SteveR750

Thanks Andy, I got this:

"We're sorry, there are no digital radio stations
available in your area at the moment. Digital radio coverage continues
to grow as new transmitters are switched on, so please check back from
time to time to see if your postcode is covered."

Anyone want a brand new unused Pure one elite and docking station!!!!

A

Anonymous

I live about 14 miles north of Newport, and get the same answer on that web page, and also on the BBC search page, but I still get DAB radio. I have a Pure Evoke and get my signal from Wenvoe via a relay station.

SteveR750

DenP:

I live about 14 miles north of Newport, and get the same answer on that web page, and also on the BBC search page, but I still get DAB radio. I have a Pure Evoke and get my signal from Wenvoe via a relay station.

Well mine is completely dead on DAB setting. Does it need a direct line of sight, I assume not (like FM) else I am totally b*****d as I cant even get a view of the astra satellite or whatever the one that Sky beams down from......
In any case, 10 miles north of Newport puts you almost in England.......
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

You could be right about being in line of sight of a transmitter. I live in a valley but my radio is in line of sight of the relay transmitter. If I take it to another room it won't work as the signal would have to travel throught the stone walls of 20 houses - same problem with mobile phone. That doesn't work in some rooms either. My FM tuner used to be connected to a rooftop ariel, but I now listen via Freesat.

DAB signal isn't wonderful where I am. Radio is in the kitchen and works fine as long as I'm sitting down, but if I stand up then that makes breaks up the signal.

I'm about 30 miles from the border with England but I get no signal from any English transmitters. Couldn't even get TV Channels 4 or 5 until I went with freesat. My house is on the valley floor so I'm surrounded by mountains.

SteveR750

I have concluded that a PC is essnetial to modern living, not just for the conventional uses it has, but as a music source is plays everything. I'm currently listening the sports extra cricket then tour de france, having just watched the German GP. I don't need a radio, DAB or otherwise, and its increasingly looking like my CD player is going to become obsolete.

TRENDING THREADS