Cyrus Upgrade!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,
My set-up now: Cyrus CD6
Cyrus IIIi
2 Cyrus smart power running as monobloc. Mission 753 Freedom.Nordost Blue Heaven revII speaker cables. Nordost Solar Wind interconnect for CD Player & Cyrus IIIi. Audioquest Ruby interconnect for Cyrus IIIi & Cyrus Smart Power. I also have 2 extra Cyrus Power. What would be the best upgrade to my current set-up above to improve the sound? Upgrade Cyrus CD6 to a better CD player i.e. Cyrus 8vs Upgrade Cyrus3i to Cyrus Prex? Adding 2 more monobloc as I have extra 2 cyrus power amp by adding PSX-r to cyrus power? Adding 2 PSX-r to Cyrus smart power? Adding PSX-r to cyrus3i? [/list]
I'm also thinking of audiolab upgrade instead of Cyrus upgrade i.e. Audiolab 8000Q/8000M. If I add 2 Audiolab8000M to my current system will it work? i.e. Cyrus Smart Power driving the treble & Audiolab 8000M driving the bass in a biamping mono set-up? By using different monobloc manufacturer ok?
Thanks & regards.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
You are using Nordost with Cyrus!
emotion-3.gif

The audiolab route would be very different to your Cyrus suggestion as the audiolab are more laid back imo. If you like Cyrus sound I would stick to the brand.
or try just one box of Naim superNAIT.

A

Anonymous

It's Blue heaven speaker cables & solar wind interconnect. typo error up there.What's wrong by using Nordost with Cyrus? Explain please....

I agreed with you on the Audiolab. Also on second thought after asking around, I'll stick to Cyrus as Audiolab sound is a bit dry & soft compared to Cyrus which is punchy & tight.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="maslian"]Nordost with Cyrus? Explain please[/quote]

A few people would say the combo produced "bright sound" but if it sound good to you then
emotion-21.gif
Nordost solar interconnects are better than their speaker cables imo, as blue heaven is a tad strong on treble (so the Cyrus!), the Solar wind, however, are as good as many that cost a lot more.

A

Anonymous

Yes, bright sound but since my speaker is 753 freedom is not so bright compared to mission 753 (not freedom version). The old 753 is lack of bass but full of treble. I think the sound is ok as I need more bright from my system that's why I use nordost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts