Cyrus Soundkey

jjbomber

What happened to the kickstarter campaign? It was supposed to start at 9am this morning, but nothing happened. Yesterday we had an email confirming everything but today we received ... nothing!

What, if anything, is happening?

jjbomber

David@FrankHarvey said:
Is there - just over £400 to go to reach goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyrussoundkey/cyrus-soundkey-dac-bringing-your-music-on-the-move

They were meant to be sending out emails to all those who pre-registered. I had an email on Thursday saying I would be notified at 9am on Friday morning with the link, but the email never arrived. It isn't in junk, they just didn't send one. So that's the end of that one.

daveh75

It's just another USB DAC, which are ten a penny and you can buy without being expected to fund the development/production costs up front

Which from an established company that's been around decades, I personally think is a piss take.

jjbomber

daveh75 said:
It's just another USB DAC, which are ten a penny and you can buy without being expected to fund the development/production costs up front

Which from an established company that's been around decades, I personally think is a piss take.

Well I won't be funding it now, as my trust in the company has taken a serious dent. It actually looks very good and I had a Cyrus Streamline previously. So I would have backed the campaign in normal circumstances, but not now.