Cyrus or Roksan

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I will be buying a new system next week and for the same price i can have a Cyrus amp and cd player, both 6 series with the cd player being pre SE version or a Roksan Kandy amp and Marantz 6002 cd player. This is going into a 5 by 3 metre room with speakers close to the walls and likely to be floorstanders. Until the new speakers are bought i will be using Kef iq5's. Which do people think would be the better buy for all different genres of music?

A

Anonymous

One of my friends has an all Cyrus setup and I'd say they sound great. No personal experience with Roksan gear, but I'd think at that price point you would be better off with an all Cyrus setup.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd love to have an answer for this, but i cant....

So i'm auditioning the Roksan III amp and power amp this weekend @ Sevenoaks with a range of B&W speakers. Plus i'll be auditioning the Cyrus 8v2 amp and CD package as well with B&W speakers, they said they might have the Cyrus power amp in also so will see how it goes.

Thought long and hard about what i want to do next with my system, i think i'm going to sell it all (as listed below) on Ebay in the New Year and see what i get then go from there. May even go down the Ebay route for another system would really love to go back to Arcam 10 amps and CD92 package again, but will have to see.

Been looing at the MF X-A2 amps also, Andrew on here said they'd do well for my system. Will have to see after this weekend

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Just gone into it a little further and it seems that due to a discount on the roksan system it will work out for me at £200 cheaper than the cyrus kit. Listened to the rotel and marantz and then the roksan and marantz and the latter sounded better to my ears than the former and fuller than cyrus. A full roksan kandy system would work out the same as the cyrus, now that is a conundrum!! Still undecided what to buy!!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have to say i lied a little bit on my post above... ^^^

I have actually listened to the Cyrus 6v2 amp and CD combi with B&W CM7 speakers as thats the system i helped my girlfriends folks to buy and it sounds fantastic.

This is the reason why i'm looking to change my system!

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Am i wasting my time and money partnering a budget cd player like the marantz with a mid range amp like the Roksan? Should i balancing out my purchases more buy putting say the Rotel RA-04 or 05 with the marantz or the Roksan cd player with the amp?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You should try to listen to the combos at your local dealer and then make a decision. FWIW I wouldn't bother with a budget CD player as you'll just want to upgrade very soon.

A

Anonymous

would have to agree wiv Thaiman in the fact that u should go for the caspian if at all possible especially the 'm'series my friend has both integrated and cd player and they sound amazing deff up there wiv the best for the money :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts