Cyrus CD6 SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi There,

Can anybody out there help ? I have a pair of Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 powered by a Roksan Kandy K2. I am thinking about upgrading my CD player to a Cyrus CD6 SE. I am up here in the north of Scotland and really don't have any reasonable opportunity to test kit. I really fancy the Cyrus but have read that it needs to be partnered correctly to get the best out of it.Does anybody have any experience of whether my amp and speakers are a good match.

Thanks a lot

Craig

A

Anonymous

I reckon that would be good, but as I'm not that sure - bumping so hopefully someone with a better experience of your other kit can help you. I'm sure the amp is fine though.

A

Anonymous

As you've already said that testing for yourself is going to be difficult I won't dispense the usual advice. I don't have any experience myself but the Roksan and Cyrus combo is one that I intend to audition when funds allow, and since it is consistently touted by the magazine as the choice setup at that price level I can't imagine it being anything less than magnificent.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

As you say it should all be about the testing but I have never been let down by What Hi-Fi and the advice from the forums.Frankly it's just a bit of a sense of security knowing that you are not going in a totally wrong direction.With this kind of kit the chance of buying a naff sound is pretty unlikely.

Cheers the now

Craig

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've heard the above combo with B&W CM5 speakers as well as the B&W 684's and 683's and it was a superb combo.

The CD6SE CDP is very fast and agile and the clarity is amazing; brilliant bass as well as detailed midrange so you cant go wrong IMO.

Although saying that; I wouldnt rule out the Rega Apollo CDP either! Sorry to throw a spanner in the works...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts